Regulatory Compliance Manager
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metallicus, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by building the decentralized financial infrastructure of the future. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Pay (digital banking and crypto wallet) and Proton SDK a distributed ledger for identity and interaction with the card and banking payments settlement layer.
Job Summary: Regulatory Compliance Manager will have overall responsibility for the managing and application of regulations related anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing (CTF) and international sanctions controls and program for Metal Pay Europe, and related entities, as well as managing licenses and researching the regulatory framework for new licenses. This position will report to the Director of Global Risk and Compliance, and will be based in Estonia.
- Ensure that the Estonian business meets all regulatory and licensing requirements, including effective systems, procedures and controls for AML and KYC compliance at EU level, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
- Ensuring that the money laundering, regulatory and compliance risks and proposed remediations are appropriately identified in EU and US, assessed and reported to the Global Head of Risk and Compliance
- Act as point of contact with the regulator in Estonia when necessary
- Support Global compliance team and operations, including compliance support to business, and drafting/compiling documents for the Regulators
- Coordinating and providing documentation for various Due Diligence processes
- Manage the EU compliance program including filing reports to Estonian FIU, maintaining EU policies and (Estonia and Lithuania) procedures, and support customer compliance related issues together with the Compliance officer in Lithuania
- Keep internal documentation up-to-date and make recommendations for enhancements of internal processes and tools
- Ensure Compliance department wide documentation is up to the industry standards and maintain the highest standards for global operations
- Monitor and report changes in compliance and regulations across EU/EEA Jurisdictions
- Work cross-functionally in resolving compliance issues, questions, or investigations, with a goal of assessing causes, developing corrective actions and ensuring future compliance
- Build relationships and escalation processes to stay informed of strategic or product/service initiatives making sure to communicate AML risk related considerations to Head of Global Risk and Compliance in a timely manner
- Maintain relevant AML policies, procedures, processes and systems in light of changing risks, threats and/or regulatory landscapes
- Partner cross-functionally across Metal teams to scope out new initiatives, products or enhancements to current initiatives/products; identify resources required to appropriately execute on, and scale the operationalization of AML, OFAC, and CTF program globallyReport continuously the status on the progress on the various tasks of the Compliance department
- Data protection officer support duties
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
● Estonian Citizen, High level English and Estonian language fluency
● Educational Background: LLB or higher ideally
● Minimum 7 years of experience in compliance in EU, from fintech, or financial industryGenuine interest in Blockchain and financial products
● Experience applying for and operating with a E-Money, PSP, Special Banking License or similar construct
● Understanding of local, EU and Global Financial regulations and Directives, Banking licensing, KYC and AML practices
● Personally mature, able to deal effectively with complex issues, and manage conflicts with other entities.
● Ability to work independently and to manage/be a part of the team
● Excellent communication and presentation skills
● Highly organized, detail-oriented, and strong accuracy when working with documentsHigh ethical standards, strong sense of responsibility and commitment to results
● Relationship building and networking skills
● Demonstrated ability and confidence to challenge business, escalate issues, and press for change.
● Professional compliance, or financial qualification, and membership of a recognized professional body, would be advantageous but not a prerequisite
● Knowledge of GDPR/data protection rules and regulations preferred