Senior Frontend Engineer
San Francisco, US remote /
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metal, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by building the decentralized financial infrastructure of the future. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Pay (digital banking and crypto wallet) and Proton SDK a distributed ledger for identity and interaction with the card and banking payments settlement layer.
We are currently looking for a Sr Frontend Engineer ready to change the way people think about payments. Our ideal candidate is someone who has worked closely with designers and backend engineers to deliver high impact features on multiple products. This person will ideally have previous experience architecting new features from scratch and an expert in reusable UI paradigms.
- Design and develop the front-ends of user-facing products
- Work closely with other front-end engineers to raise the bar for product and code quality within the products
- Work with UX designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development issues
- Taking the initiative to identify UI/UX improvements and improve product features
- Overhauling user interfaces to optimize for speed and ease of use
- Research new technologies and prototype new ideas
- Must be willing to be on call to handle production issues as they arise
- 5-6 years of experience working as a frontend engineer
- Highly experienced with front-end programming languages such as JavasScript (React, React View, React Native), CSS pre-processing frameworks (Sass or Less), Open Source, and HTML
- Strong knowledge of and experience with front-end testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Enzyme, etc.)
- Strong organizational, communication and task management skills, with ability to work autonomously with little guidance
- Be extremely detail oriented when it comes to maintaining code integrity/organization and when working with graphic designers to convert designs to visual elements accurately
- Write well-structured and documented, easily maintainable code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Experience with designing overall architecture of web applications
- Interest and experience in blockchain a plus
- Having experience in fintech is a plus