Senior iOS Developer
San Francisco, CA
At Metal Pay, we are shaping digital money.
We have launched Metal Pay, a blockchain-based P2P payments app that rewards you in cryptocurrency when you send or receive money. The rewards are earned in MTL, our native currency. We are revolutionizing the way people transact money, and reaching out to consumers who are new to cryptocurrency in a fun and novel way.
Buy and sell over fifteen cryptocurrencies, make payments, grow your savings, access traditional financial services and more, all from the Metal Pay app.
Metal Pay is looking for a Senior iOS Developer to join our team in San Francisco. As a member of the mobile team you will develop, customize and optimize our iOS applications. Our ideal candidate is someone capable of designing systems from scratch and has experience in setting up services using the service-oriented architecture approach. The ideal candidate is able to divide a big application into smaller pieces or services, so every piece can be reused in the future to reduce overhead.
Scalability plays a big part of how we design our infrastructure, and we expect our candidates to have experience in building platforms that are able to handle a high number of concurrent users. Having experience in fin-tech is a plus but not required.
- Design, Architect and Develop modular applications and document them as necessary
- Develop deep understanding of other systems and platforms
- Write code and unit tests, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
- Work with UX and iOS mobile team to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies and known issues
- Design APIs that other teams will find a pleasure to use
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Identify continuous improvements to delivery processes
- Experience working on applications that has been released
- Work with our product and design teams to invent the best solution, implement that solution, then A/B test it to make sure our users are getting the best possible experience
- Enjoy working with our amazing team and thrive in a team environment
- 5+ years experience in iOS development, ideally with both Swift and Objective-C
- Experience using Swift, iOS platform frameworks, and tools such as Cocoapods and CLI
- Experience in building production software applications
- Experience designing APIs
- Strong task management skills using tools such as JIRA.
- A team player who shines and works best both individually and with a team
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality and customer experience
What We Offer
- An exciting workplace with an inspirational team that fosters knowledge and values trust
- The opportunity to work on a product that will change the world
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees; subsidy for dependents
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Monthly subsidies for fitness memberships, commuter transit, cell phone, Airbnb
- Free lunches, snacks
- Flexible PTO and paid holidays
Metal is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer that values diversity in hiring, and gives consideration to all candidates regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion or religious belief, national origin or ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Metal will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.