Financial Strategy Manager
San Francisco, CA
At Metal Pay, we are shaping digital money.
We have launched Metal Pay, a blockchain-based P2P payments app that rewards you in cryptocurrency when you send or receive money. The rewards are earned in MTL, our native currency. We are revolutionizing the way people transact money, and reaching out to consumers who are new to cryptocurrency in a fun and novel way.
Buy and sell over fifteen cryptocurrencies, make payments, grow your savings, access traditional financial services and more, all from the Metal Pay app.
We are currently looking for a Finance Strategy Manager who will design and manage FP&A activities, fundraising, oversee the company’s accounting activities, safeguard the assets, and provide financial data to support the executives in decision making. We are looking for someone to move into this role for the long-term and grow with the company. If you are excited about revolutionizing the concept of money and have the drive, expertise, and skills listed below, then Metal Pay is the right place for you.
- Develop and lead the Company’s fundraising strategy.
- Support strategic decision-making with data-driven insights, quantitative analysis, and forecasting.
- Collaborate with customer support, payments engineering, and banking partners to investigate and resolve potential payment issues.
- Engage business development and generally work cross-functionally to surface substantive measures to drive success in fundraising (e.g. product enhancements from investors, etc.).
- Serve as a thought partner in developing investor relations.
- Deliver timely, novel, impactful, and exciting communications to the investor community.
- Drive quarterly OKR planning and goal-setting process with department heads.
- Create accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements, audits and budgets.
- Provide service as a top-line thought partner in how we capture, measure, and improve all areas of accounting. While there is not the expectation for this role to dive into A/P and A/R, this person would ideally serve as the financial executive for the company.
- Work with go-to-market leads to measure performance and determine investment areas.
- Assess the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments.
- Collaborate with the Strategy and Biz Ops team to analyze the business and financial impacts of strategic and growth initiatives, conduct impact and ROI analyses to support prioritization of strategic initiatives across key areas of the business in conjunction with finance and administrative staff.
- Understand the processes in each business function, and work closely with department heads to develop their quarterly/annual work plans and budgets against burn rate.
- Must have in-depth experience in fundraising 8+ years of experience in M&A as an Investment Banker or Management Consultant ideally with a focus on Technology, Finance or Banking business
- Established relationships with tech bankers, VCs and startup CEOs
- Must be able to think strategically while being detail- and execution-oriented
- Strong presentation and communication skills and the ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete plans
- Expert knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Proven ability to work with and present to executive management
- Prior work driving financial/strategic analysis at rapidly-scaling startup companies or an organization during a period of high growth
- Discretion in handling sensitive financial information; respect for privacy and appropriate levels of access; adherence to relevant financial laws and regulations
- Strong expertise with Excel financial models
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field; MS/MA is a plus
- CPA, CFP, CTP, CFA licenses/certifications a plus
**Please note that we are not open to solicitation of any recruiting services at the moment. **
What We Offer
- An exciting workplace with an inspirational team that fosters knowledge and values trust
- The opportunity to work on a product that will change the world
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Monthly subsidies for fitness memberships, commuter transit, cell phone, Airbnb
- Free lunches, snacks
- Flexible PTO and paid holidays
Metal is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer that values diversity in hiring, and gives consideration to all candidates regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion or religious belief, national origin or ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Metal will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.