San Francisco, US remote /
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metal, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by building the decentralized financial infrastructure of the future. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Pay (digital banking and crypto wallet) and Proton SDK a distributed ledger for identity and interaction with the card and banking payments settlement layer.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, digital asset transactions, general ledger, and taxes
- Own the digital asset accounting function, running transaction and holdings reports, preparing journal entries and schedules
- Own and maintain month-end close schedule, documenting preparation and review of tasks performed
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities, preparing PBC schedules, narratives, etc.
- Assess current practices and procedures, make recommendations for improvements, and help execute
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA (active or inactive) preferred
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- Experience in a high-growth startup environment, and/or in Fintech highly preferred
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and other financial systems