EU Customer Support Manager
Customer Support /
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the cryptocurrency industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metal, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by reaching out to consumers new to cryptocurrency in a fun and novel way. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Vault (non-custodial wallet), Metal Pay in the United States (P2P value transfer and cryptocurrency purchase wallet), and Metal X (a cryptocurrency exchange across 23 countries and rapidly expanding).
As we expand into Europe, we are seeking a multi-lingual, solutions-oriented Customer Support professional who is passionate about our customers and loves to innovate and execute customer-centric strategies. The environment is fast-paced and requires that you can think quickly on your feet. Metal EU Support operations will support the local and global audience to provide a world-class premium level of support.
We’re a lean and collegial team in which every role matters and you’ll have a big impact on high-stakes decisions. You'll work across the entire enterprise: Compliance, Engineering, Marketing, Business Ops, etc., pioneering innovative financial services solutions. And you'll have demonstrated ability in understanding key metrics pertaining to basic customer service factors.
The best Support professionals are genuinely delighted to help customers. They’re tolerant, empathetic, and intensely communicative. Support representatives can put themselves in their customers’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary. Customer feedback is priceless, and our Support reps can gather it for us.
- Become an expert on all of Metal’s products, for all regions
- Respond to customer service tickets, manage ticket flow
- Ticket escalation: assist directly or route customers to the appropriate personnel for assistance
- After tickets are closed, analyze customer complaints, and provide appropriate CS responses, and resolutions with an eye towards constant process improvement and after action corrective remediations
- Monitor chats and social media relating to Customer Service, including Twitter, responding to comments around service issues
- Documenting bugs and escalating issues or proposal for resolution and approval
- Manage and support our great team of Support Agents, helping to build out the EU team
- Maintain relationships with vendor partners; work with the reps to get the data, etc.
- Help formulate CS procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Draft and update template responses and Knowledge Base Articles
- Be driven by metrics and key performance indicators to support informed and strategic decisions to achieve Support team goals and Metal’s Mission and Values
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives working with Compliance, Engineering, and Marketing to optimize and execute the customer experience
- Ensure customer satisfaction by meeting customer needs in a courteous and timely manner and within established SLAs
- Support the on-boarding process for Metal customers
- 3+ years of customer service or customer support experience, ideally in tech, crypto, financial service or exchange
- Multilingual: English and at least TWO of the following languages: Spanish, Turkish, German, Dutch, French, and/or Italian
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with Google suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc)
- Time management skills and ability to work with little supervision
- Root cause analysis, or ability to identify and solve problems
- Experience in email/chat-based customer or vendor support
- Experience working in customer-centric and customer-facing environment
- Familiarity with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- Ability to explain technical processes to non-technical clients
- You have a strong attention to detail and can juggle many tasks at once
- You work well on a team
- Familiarity with FreshDesk and Slack
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products
- Startup experience preferred
- Previous experience at an exchange is a plus
- Experience supporting KYC, on-boarding, or compliance
- You have a passion for crypto and want to learn more
Metal is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer that values diversity in hiring, and gives consideration to all candidates regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion or religious belief, national origin or ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Metal will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.