AML BSA Operations Analyst
Canada / Remote /
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metal, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by building the decentralized financial infrastructure of the future. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Pay (digital banking and crypto wallet), Metal X (a global digital currency exchange), and Proton SDK a distributed ledger for identity and interaction with the card and banking payments settlement layer.
As our AML BSA Operations Analyst, you will have the opportunity to take a hands-on approach to build a scalable risk-based AML Compliance program and make a tangible difference. The Metal Compliance team focuses on helping our business comply with current financial regulations. As part of this team, you will proactively identify gaps in existing policy frameworks, operational deficiencies and find innovative solutions. You will assist in developing efficient compliance systems and work with the marketing, customer support, product, and business development teams to implement these across the organization.
We are looking for someone to move into this role for the long-term and grow with the company. If you are excited about revolutionizing the concept of money and have the drive, expertise, and skills listed below, then Metal would like to hear from you.
- The Analyst will be reporting to the Compliance Operations Manager
- As an AML Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the relevant authorities
- Reviewing daily escalations on transaction monitoring, CIP (KYC), KYB, and Sanction screening
- You will develop as SME (subject matter expert) and will receive intra-departmental queries that require your knowledge and expertise in the application of the BSA and AML/CFT standards as they relate to online Payments and P2P transactions as it applies to MSB and MTL license
- Ensures all SARS/CTRS, OFAC and 314(a) checks are completed by the deadline
- Review any AML / OFAC alerts, suspicious blockchain patterns and conduct appropriate investigations and make a determination on the disposition of the alert
- Become a subject matter expert in the operation of the AML system and controls
- Prepare reports on BSA/AML/OFAC issues as requested by the Compliance Operation Manager
- Assist the Compliance Operation manager in implementing the policies & procedures
- Perform daily review, monitoring, and analysis of various reports, logs, and transaction data to identify trends, unusual activity, and monitor large currency activity determines if transactions are suspicious in nature such as kiting, significant changes in balances, cash structuring in deposits, loan payments, and certificates of deposit purchases, wire or ACH transfers, monetary instrument sales, new account openings, etc.
- Other related tasks as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Must have a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Experience with various international regulatory payments laws, including Money Transmitter/Money Service Business regulations (US), Canada and EU
- You are CAMS certified. If not currently certified, you would take the exam as soon as possible. Continued employment in this role would be dependent on passing the exam.
- Guide and train across different lines of defense while maintaining professionalism and a shared goal of quality growth
- Experience in developing documentation for transaction monitoring and watchlist screening
- Ability to work collaboratively across a broad range of business functions, particularly senior management
- Maintain a working understanding of applicable laws and regulations to ensure compliance
- Strong written, verbal and analytical skills: strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through crisp and clear messaging