Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metal, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by building the decentralized financial infrastructure of the future. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Pay (digital banking and crypto wallet) and Proton SDK a distributed ledger for identity and interaction with the card and banking payments settlement layer.
We are currently looking for a Backend Engineer, ready to change the way people think about payments. Our ideal candidate is someone with knowledge of designing systems from scratch and has experience in setting up services using the service-oriented architecture approach. The ideal candidate is able to work on a big application, which has been divided into smaller pieces or services.
Scalability plays a big part in how we design our infrastructure, and we expect our candidates to have experience in building platforms that are able to handle a high number of concurrent users. Having experience in fintech is a plus but not required.
- Write scalable solutions to problems, by separating business logic into microservices
- Contribute to our codebase using test-driven design while taking scalability into consideration
- Implement security and data protection principles
- Set up and own performance monitoring systems
- Set up efficient continuous deployment and integration pipelines for the backend projects you develop
- Research and implement new backend technologies that provide better security and API structure
- Strive for weekly deployments and maintain the integrity of the system
- Work with our product and design teams to invent the best solution, implement that solution, then A/B test it to make sure our users are getting the best possible experience
- Must be willing to be on call to handle production issues as they arise
- 1-2+ years of experience working as a backend engineer
- Experience using the following technologies: NodeJS (ES7), Typescript, SQL, Express
- Experience with one microservice messaging system (Apache Kafka, NSQ, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the deployment process across a microservice architecture
- Previously been the stakeholder of a large codebase and have had extensive experience in mitigating issues that may arise, no matter the size
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- You pride yourself in writing well-structured and documented, easily maintainable code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Successful track record building distributed, high-throughput applications that scale
- Passion for creating lasting experiences for our users
- PLEASE NOTE: candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S. and willing to work the core hours of 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific. If you are located outside of the U.S., please indicate that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Thanks!
- Interest and experience in blockchain and fintech a plus
- Golang development experience a plus