Compliance & Risk Operations Manager
SF, remote ok /
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the cryptocurrency industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metal, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by reaching out to consumers new to cryptocurrency in a fun and novel way. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Vault (non-custodial wallet), Metal Pay in the United States (P2P value transfer and cryptocurrency purchase wallet), and Metal X (a cryptocurrency exchange across 23 countries and rapidly expanding).
The Global Compliance Operations Manager will have overall responsibility for the execution, maintenance and enhancement of anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorist financing (CTF) and sanctions operations, systems and controls. This role will report to the Compliance Officer.
While the ability to work remotely is an option, role will require core hours of 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time (with some flexibility allowed, based on program and business needs).
- Identify and address potential risks; stay abreast of developments in applicable legislation and guidance (domestic and international where applicable to current or potential business activities)
- Assess complex issues and structure potential solutions which drive effective resolution within permissible regulatory frameworks
- Build relationships and escalation processes to stay informed of strategic or product/service initiatives making sure to communicate AML risk related considerations to AML Officer in a timely manner
- Enhance and maintain open lines of communication within and outside your team to promote efficient and collaborative work practices
Compliance Operations Management
- Think globally, and using a risk-based approach, design and execute the implementation of enterprise-wide AML, sanctions, and CTF policies, procedures, and strategic processes and controls
- Maintain relevant procedures, processes, and systems in light of changing products, risks, threats and/or regulatory landscapes
- Partner cross-functionally to scope out new initiatives or enhancements to current initiatives/products; identify resources required to appropriately execute on, and scale the operationalization of AML, OFAC/sanctions, and CTF related policies and procedures across regions and products
- Work with the BSA AML / OFAC Officer to investigate and resolve more sensitive issues identifying where escalation may be required
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Proven people management experience
- CAMS certification. If not CAMS, then take it as soon as able to schedule multiple times until passed.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in compliance-related functions, fraud risk, technology, financial services and/or cryptocurrency
- Experience with state, federal and international law enforcement or regulators
- Experience in developing and administering global operations, controls and processes
- Demonstrated ability and confidence to challenge business management, escalate issues and press for change
- Guide and train across different lines of defense while maintaining professionalism and a shared goal of quality growth
- Ability to work collaboratively across a broad range of business functions, particularly senior management
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills; strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through crisp and clear messaging
What We Offer (for U.S. based employees)
- An exciting workplace with an inspirational team that fosters knowledge and values trust
- The opportunity to work on a product that will change the world
- Paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid life and LTD insurance
- Flexible Spending Account for healthcare expenses
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Monthly subsidies for gym/ fitness classes
- Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible PTO and paid holidays
Metal is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer that values diversity in hiring, and gives consideration to all candidates regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion or religious belief, national origin or ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Metal will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.