Senior Android Engineer
US / Canada Remote /
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metal, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by building the decentralized financial infrastructure of the future. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Pay (digital banking and crypto wallet), Metal X (a global digital currency exchange), and Proton SDK a distributed ledger for identity and interaction with the card and banking payments settlement layer.
We are currently looking for an Android Engineer ready to change the way people think about payments. Our ideal candidate is someone who is excited about building innovations at the intersection of banking and blockchain, with a strong focus on the end user experience.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API's. Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- 5+ years of Android development experience
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience working with these languages and technologies: Kotlin, Android Architecture Components (LiveData, ViewModel, Room), Coroutines, Material Design
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- A team player who shines and works best both individually and with a team
- High attention to detail with a focus on quality and customer experience
- Strong organizational, communication and task management skills, with ability to work autonomously with little guidance
- PLEASE NOTE: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S. or Canada and willing to work the core hours of 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Pacific. If you are located outside of the U.S., please indicate that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Thanks!
- Interest and experience in blockchain
- Having experience in fintech
- Can demonstrate your unique contributions to open source projects
- Experience with: Navigation Component, WorkManager, Flow, Data Binding, CameraX