US / Canada Remote /
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metal, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by building the decentralized financial infrastructure of the future. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Pay (digital banking and crypto wallet) and Proton SDK a distributed ledger for identity and interaction with the card and banking payments settlement layer.
Metal Pay is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our highly collaborative remote devops team. Ideal candidate would be a collaborative team player, empathetic, able to break down problems into organized solutions, loves to document procedures, and evangelize documentation across teams. This person would work individually, pair program and participate in collaborative team solution sessions. If you want to learn about blockchain while playing with the latest & greatest technologies when it comes to CICD, IAC, encryption and AWS cloud, then this is the position for you.
- DevOps best practices and software development life cycles using Agile Scrum methodologies
- Working with source control management git branching strategies, Git Flow and GitOps
- Terraform OSS & Terraform Enterprise (v0.11 and v0.12.x and greater)
- Vault OSS & Vault Enterprise - Vault Disaster Recovery & Performance Replication running on Kubernetes; Vault Disaster Recovery & Performance Replication running on AWS EC2 with CICD experience for maintaining Vault version upgrades and EC2 instance patching.
- Building CICD pipelines using GitLab CICD & GitLab runners
- AWS Multi-Region microservice deployments
- Working in a microservice architecture that uses NSQ Message Queues and Redis Caching
- Migration to AWS Well-Architected Framework with organization units and IAM governance built in for account vending machines with AWS Landings Zones and Control Tower
- Maintenance of current Kubernetes KOPS self-management cluster; Migrating from K8s KOPS to AWS Farget
- Implementing and maintaining AWS Global Accelerator for multi-region DNS routing using Terraform
- Participate in software solutioning and white board sessions with backend team to help transition microservice software into a multi-region deployment while still maintaining financial service regulation compliance
- 3+ years experience in a DevOps or SRE team
- Strong understanding of Docker, Kubernetes container orchestration or AWS Fargate
- Experience working with GitLab as a source control management system and GitLab CICD as a build and deployment tool (building and configuring GitLab Runners using Packer, so the runners are deterministic/immutable and secured for multi-region deployments)
- Sound knowledge on AWS, AWS Control Tower, IAM, Fargate, AWS Accelerator, VPC, Subnets, VPC Peering, Route53, Load balancers, EC2, Security groups
- Experience with GitLab CICD, writing gitlab-cicd.yaml files and configuring multiple stage deployments
- Experience working with development teams on adding unit tests and integration testing to builds stages
- Infrastructure as code (IaC) and deployment experience using HashiCorp Terraform (OSS, Cloud, or Enterprise)Experience using Packer for building images