Lead Frontend Engineer
US / Canada Remote /
Are you looking to be a part of one of the most influential companies in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto revolution that is changing the world?
At Metal, we are shaping digital money and revolutionizing the way people transact by building the decentralized financial infrastructure of the future. To date, we have launched and operate Metal Pay (digital banking and crypto wallet) and Proton SDK a distributed ledger for identity and interaction with the card and banking payments settlement layer.
We are currently looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer, ready to change the way people think about payments. Our ideal candidate is someone who has managed frontend engineers to deliver high impact features on multiple products. Ideally, they will be able to take the lead on new projects and guide the team to success.
- Grow, retain and build a strong, healthy, and diverse team through hiring as well mentoring, coaching and career development
- Manage the design and development of the front-ends of user-facing products
- Work with UX designers, project managers and backend engineers to implement versatile frontend solutions to web development issues
- Taking the initiative to identify UI/UX improvements and improve product features
- Overhauling user interfaces to optimize for speed and ease of use
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Research new technologies and prototype new ideas
- Must be willing to be on call to manage production issues as they arise
- 4-6 years of experience working as a frontend engineer
- 1-2 years experience managing a growing team of frontend engineers
- Highly experienced with front-end programming languages such as JavasScript (React, React Native), CSS pre-processing frameworks (Sass or Less) and HTML
- Strong knowledge of and experience with frontend testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Enzyme, etc.)Be extremely detail oriented when it comes to maintaining code integrity/organization and when working with graphic designers to convert designs to visual elements accurately
- Write well-structured and documented, easily maintainable code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Experience with designing the overall architecture of web applications
- Passion for creating lasting experiences for our users, great design intuition and user empathy
- Collaborative and supportive management style; leads with empathy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills Be available for emergencies at all times
- Has past experience working with blockchain and crypto-assets
- Background in cryptography