San Francisco, CA
At Metal Pay, we are shaping digital money.
We have launched Metal Pay, a blockchain-based P2P payments app that rewards you in cryptocurrency when you send or receive money. The rewards are earned in MTL, our native currency. We are revolutionizing the way people transact money, and reaching out to consumers who are new to cryptocurrency in a fun and novel way.
Buy and sell over fifteen cryptocurrencies, make payments, grow your savings, access traditional financial services and more, all from the Metal Pay app.
We are seeking a passionate design leader who understands the power of creating a story, tone, and visual aesthetic that people gravitate towards. You will shape a product vision as bold, aspirational and category-defining as what we are working to achieve. You are someone who has bold ideas about design and thinks of user interaction and the future of technological interfaces. If your joy is to create designs and experiences that are sophisticated and inspirational, and your passion is about working on immersive user experiences, we would love to hear from you. This role will report into the Director of Product and is based in San Francisco.
*Portfolio is required* Please send with application.
- Lead design strategy for the company’s initiatives
- Drive design projects from ideation to execution
- Demonstrate high quality design practices from UX, research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, and product design
- Successfully communicate your concepts to a broad range of audiences, ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets
- Collaborate closely with engineers to ship quality products
- Manage and multitask among various projects in a cross-functional environment
- Establish a fun, supportive, collaborative environment to bring out the best work from your team
- Leverage research and usage data to iterate on these products
- Education in Product Design, Interaction/UX Design or equivalent experience in the related design field
- Ability to create wireframes, visual design compositions, and working prototypes
- Strong working knowledge of creative tools such as Photoshop and Sketch
- Strong conceptualization ability and visual communication abilities
- Exceptional design skills, production values, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience working with both creative and technical teams to take projects from concept to execution
- Resume and strong portfolio demonstrating experience in graphic design, interfaces, layouts and user experience
**Please note that we are not open to solicitation of any recruiting services at the moment. **
What We Offer
- An exciting workplace with an inspirational team that fosters knowledge and values trust
- The opportunity to work on a product that will change the world
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Monthly subsidies for fitness memberships, commuter transit, cell phone, Airbnb
- Free lunches, snacks
- Flexible PTO and paid holidays
Metal is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer that values diversity in hiring, and gives consideration to all candidates regardless of their race, age, creed, color, religion or religious belief, national origin or ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, Metal will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.