Metamako designs, develops and manufactures network devices specifically for finance. We build the best tech in the world and it's used by the best firms in the world. We use the right mix of hardware, gateware and software to create real products that are used all over the planet. Our team has an eclectic mix of experience with electronics, chip design, FPGA, software, linux, operating systems and full-stack. It's a firm for hard-core engineers who are keen to get their hands dirty and see their products delivered worldwide.
We are currently looking for mid to senior level FPGA Engineers! If this is you, we'd love to hear from you!
Great candidates will -
- Get to work with a world-class team
- Help deliver real products
- Work within an agile environment using continuous integration and delivery
- Be technically challenged;
- Be a self-starter
- Work for a growing, global, Australian business
- Work in a modern test-oriented development environment.
- Narrow down customer requirements
- Architect FPGA blocks for low latency solutions
- Design Blocks using VHDL
- Achieve timing closure using HDL design techniques / FPGA tool options and timing constraints
- Write HDL based testbenches and verify them using vendor specific simulators
- Debug design on hardware along with MOS, this involves working closely with the Software Team
- Write or modify hardware tests written Python
- Provide technical support to customers on the relevant product / field of expertise.
Essential Selection Criteria
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Proven experience working with FPGAs and hardware development tools
- Experience in Python
- Experience with version control systems such as: Git / Mercurial / Subversion
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues and develop recommendations and action plans.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a team
- Commitment to EEO, and WHS principles
Desirable Selection Criteria
- Experience with network and system level protocols, packet based data processing, and computer architecture
- Experience with C++
- Experience working with Atlasssian tools
From an engineer's perspective, Metamako is pretty unique. We blend a fast-paced goal-oriented environment with a team of seriously talented tech superstars whose knowledge and experience spreads from circuit board layout and signal integrity through VHDL, gateware and chip design, through to OS kernel development, python and web design. It's a place where you'll always be learning how to do better, not just because you'll work with some of the best engineers on the planet, but because we're constantly driving to do better. Metamako's offices in Stone and Chalk are at the heart of the Sydney startup scene.