Carrier Product Owner
Carrier – Product
Who are MetaPack?
No we are not a packaging company – that’s Tetra Pack! We are a tech company that works with a lot of the world’s biggest ecommerce players to integrate them with over 450 carriers around the world to make delivery easy. We are a multi-tenant SaaS platform. We give them the platform to help consumers decide their delivery preference and track the parcel’s progress whilst also providing the retailer with intelligent smart decisions about how to send the parcel – all underpinned with lots of data. We work with well-known global retailers and major brands such as ASOS, Adidas, Burberry, John Lewis, Boohoo, eBay, and Zalando. In fact we work with so many retailers and carriers it’s highly likely that you’ve interacted with us at some point when ordering goods online!
In August 2018, we were acquired by Fortune 100’s 2nd fastest growing company, stamps.com. We have super ambitious and exciting plans all centred around our tech. MetaPack will play a role in shipping around 600 million parcels in 2018 and with the wider stamps.com family the number rises to 2.5bn parcels. MetaPack has been growing at 40% year on year over the last 5 years and continues to grow at a rapid rate.
As a B2B SaaS technology company, MetaPack requires well-trained carrier product professionals to ensure that our new and existing customers experience the highest quality of engagement when we integrate our technology into their warehouse distribution software. We therefore need people who are technically proficient in understanding complex distribution concepts, who can then apply their extensive knowledge of our products and services into a variety of environments and comprehend the potential impacts and capabilities that these pose to our customers. We are looking for strong communicators, intelligent technicians and highly organised and capable project delivery professionals that can ensure excellent service standards andmaintain high customer satisfaction.
You will form part of the product team, working on the development of our suite of products alongside our engineering teams, business analysis and client solutions teams.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic and experienced product orientated professionals who will support a powerful and effective customer experience.
You will take care of the development and competitiveness of our platform by:
- management of customer requirements regarding the functionality of our platform,
- assertiveness in dealing with clients - the ability to identify their needs and adapt existing solutions within our product,
- verification of the technical possibility of introducing changes to the system,
- the ability to transfer the overall vision of product development to the level of specific solutions, functions and activities necessary for their implementation,
- ensuring communication and understanding between technology, architecture, business representatives in order to create consistent user stories,
- close cooperation with the development team in order to identify and specify requirements and create acceptance criteria,
- preparation of mock-ups and UX designs for verifying the chosen product development directions,
- product backlog management, setting priorities and goals for sprints,
- motivating teams of developers and assessing the implementation of subsequent stages of product development,
- searching for the best solutions that are a response to business needs, while guaranteeing: reliability, speed of operation, the ability to manage efficiently and the optimal number of available options within the product.
Join us, if You are the person who:
- has practical knowledge about software development,
- has experience in a similar position in working with a business client,
- can additionally boast of education in the field of IT,
- can make decisions, precisely communicate goals, expectations and motivate the team to implement them,
- has an analytical mind, can identify the business and technological aspects necessary to create the best product,
- knows how to ensure effective information exchange between the business and technological areas,
- has strong English command which allows to communicate freely in the IT environment,
- has the ability to work with many stakeholders, combine their requirements in a way that allows you to find one solution that is optimal for everyone interested.
What we can offer?
- the opportunity to work on a platform that supports the unstoppable growth of the eCommerce market,
- experience built in cooperation with teams from Great Britain and the USA,
- open and transparent career paths within the organization,
- up to 30 days of holiday per year (additional days are awarded along with work experience in MetaPack),
- free, private medical care,
- an attractive life insurance offer,
- co-financing for sports and recreation activities - the greater, the longer you are with us,
- free English, German and Spanish language courses,
- comfortable working conditions - support for the team and superiors, rooms for active and passive relaxation, sweets, fresh fruit and juicing machines, integration events,
- a real opportunity to maintain a work-life balance through flexible working hours, the possibility of home-office working.