Finance – Credit Control
Who are MetaPack?
We are a tech company that works with a lot of the world’s biggest ecommerce players to integrate them with over 450 carriers around the world to make delivery easy. We are a multi-tenant SaaS platform. We give them the platform to help consumers decide their delivery preference and track the parcel’s progress whilst also providing the retailer with intelligent smart decisions about how to send the parcel – all underpinned with lots of data. We work with well-known global retailers and major brands such as ASOS, Adidas, Burberry, John Lewis, Boohoo, eBay, and Zalando. In fact we work with so many retailers and carriers it’s highly likely that you’ve interacted with us at some point when ordering goods online!
In August 2018, we were acquired by Fortune 100’s 2nd fastest growing company, stamps.com. We have super ambitious and exciting plans all centred around our tech. MetaPack will play a role in shipping around 600 million parcels in 2018 and with the wider stamps.com family the number rises to 2.5bn parcels. MetaPack has been growing at 40% year on year over the last 5 years and continues to grow at a rapid rate.
Why would I want to be a Finance Apprentice at MetaPack?
The MetaPack Credit Control Team is instrumental in not only securing Billing Revenue from Clients’ but is also committed towards providing a seamless and 1st Class Customer Service experience in close coordination with the Sales, Account Management and Technical Support teams across the Business. Internal team relations are as important as external client relations at MetaPack and we strongly believe in open coordination and communication in order to achieve organisational goals.
As a Company, we deliver an outstanding service, are focused on development and are consistently recognised as being great at what we do. We work with customers globally, engaging with the biggest names in ecommerce and have an important say in what matters to those customers.
If you’re driven to contribute to a high-performing team and really want to be part of keeping the team at the top of their game, then we want to hear from you.
What would I be doing?
- Assisting in the Credit Control processes and timely distribution/issuance of invoices
- Timely collection of all debts
- Timely and accurate allocation of receipts to invoices
- Timely resolution of invoice queries
- Contribution to assisting the European Credit Control Manager and Billings Team in improving the billing processes
- Ensuring billing contact details are up to date and complete on the systems
- Focus primarily on the UK and supporting overseas operations
- Ensuring continued process improvements
- Assisting other sections within the Finance team as necessary
Who are you?
- 0-2 years prior experience in credit control and/or accounting
- German speaking (preferred but not essential)
- Knowledge and/or experience of Accounting & Systems
- Intermediate Excel and general office IT skills
- An understanding of UK Output VAT within the context of a global business (preferred)
- Ability to read and understand contracts and to seek clarification from sales, finance and other operations colleagues when additional clarity is required
- Good communication skills to work with customers and colleagues
- Drive to seek continual improvement in processes
- Excellent time management to set and meet deadlines
What are the perks?
- 25 days holiday, 10% bonus (paid quarterly), pension, enhanced maternity and paternity leave, group life insurance scheme, private medical healthcare, childcare vouchers
- Discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, interest free season ticket loan
- Breakfast, dinner, fresh fruit, snacks and drinks
- Dynamic, open culture with lots of social activities