Director of Finance & Operations
Los Angeles, CA /
Metaview is a team of 20 who have built some of the biggest global successes in the gaming creator economy, esports and video games. We’re led by former Twitch leaders, and are backed by a stellar group of VCs, strategics and operators that are deeply connected in the gaming, creator and crypto industries.
We’re building the next generation creator content platform that will redefine creator-to-fan and community engagement through blockchain social tokens and showcase level gaming experiences. Our vision is to enable fans and creators, for the first time ever, to own a piece of the economy and community that they help build and grow -- at Metaview, we believe all stakeholders should benefit from platform growth as one collective community at large.
We’re shooting for the moon 🚀, and are looking for exceptional, passionate builders including blockchain specialists, hackers, technologists, gaming experts, product gurus, and creator economy enthusiasts to take on this journey with us.
About the Position
As Director of Finance & Operations, you will be part of the leadership team at the seminal phase of the company and oversee all FP&A, Business Analytics and People and Operations functions at Metaview. We leverage external resources and advisors to help process standard heavy lifting where it makes sense, and will partner with you to define essential internal, operating needs. The candidate we need has the knowledge and experience to run these functions for a growing, gaming entertainment x creator x crypto Series A company. This candidate must be ready to roll up their sleeves to grow the company, and also have flexible, strategic thinking -- we are doing something big in blockchain and need an able and confident leader to define current and future Financial & Operational needs for Metaview. This role reports to the CEO, and will work closely with the leadership team and senior members of the company.
- Oversee Finance, People and Operations functions at Metaview.
- Finance function include FP&A, accounting, and business analytics.
- People function includes recruiting and people management for company.
- Operations includes needs for general company level needs, management of strategic / special projects and special support for Board needs.
- Define and lead forecasting, business reporting, analytics and KPIs, and deliver trends / insights for the company’s strategic decision making needs.
- Partner with product managing the Metaview user economy, product pricing, and go-to-market decisions.
- Manage accounting / tax and cash / treasury needs. We use external book keepers, tax advisor and software to manage.
- Manage company budget and budgeting process, comp plans and cap table.
- 7+ years of finance experience with 2+ in a startup / young company environment.
- BA/BS in finance/accounting.
- Experience building and implementing finance department requirements and processes.
- Experience recruiting and managing a team.
- Growth mindset -- we are building a new, category defining product.
- Interest/familiarity with gaming, creators and cryptocurrency/blockchain.
- Investment banking experience is a strong plus.
- Understanding of economic theory (i.e. macro and micro economic concepts).
- Interest / active use of social media, gaming and/or video content platforms.
- Experience w/ social interest communities.
Compensation. Competitive with top Series A funded startups with existing product and traction.
Location. We have a hybrid work environment. HQ in Los Angeles, CA with flexible partial week WFH policy. Remote OK with travel to HQ for team onsite visits.
Everything we do is based on four essential values that define who we are: Community, Entertainment, Inclusion, and Accountability. These are our public-facing company values, but they ring just as true within our internal company culture.
Community We're a diverse collective who share a passion for shared gaming entertainment experiences. We're building a place where all members can participate, contribute and have fun.
Entertainment We come together to create and showcase the best entertainment for the community. The world of gaming is vast — creators, esports, communities, music, metaverse, crypto — and has endless moments to celebrate.
Inclusion & Respect Good vibes only. We're an inclusive community, embrace who you are and respect what you believe in. Together we create a fun, safe and respectful environment for everyone.
Responsibility & Accountability We lift each other up because we're all going higher. To do that as a team and community, all our members have a responsibility and accountability to each other and the broader community.