Los Angeles, CA /
Marketing & Community /
Metaview is a team of 20 who have built some of the biggest global successes in the gaming creator economy, esports and video games. We’re led by former Twitch leaders, and are backed by a stellar group of VCs, strategics and operators that are deeply connected in the gaming, creator and crypto industries.
We’re building the next generation creator content platform that will redefine creator-to-fan and community engagement through blockchain social tokens and showcase level gaming experiences. Our vision is to enable fans and creators, for the first time ever, to own a piece of the economy and community that they help build and grow -- at Metaview, we believe all stakeholders should benefit from platform growth as one collective community at large.
We’re shooting for the moon 🚀, and are looking for exceptional, passionate builders including blockchain specialists, hackers, technologists, gaming experts, product gurus, and creator economy enthusiasts to take on this journey with us.
About the Position
As our Community Manager, you will manage and grow the Metaview community while creating an inclusive environment for all users to want to get involved. This is a hands-on role. You will wear many hats with the top priorities being community activations, engagement, education and communication to Metaview fans. This role will also strategize, manage and run regular events (online and in-person) to encourage Metaview fans to get involved with the app, our Partners (gaming creators) and our Discord. This role will report into both the Chief Content Officer and Head of Marketing.
If you genuinely love gaming content, creators, and games, and you love running community events, this position is perfect for you.
- Manage and grow the Metaview community and audience across social media platforms, in-app, and Discord.
- Build and maintain a calendar of content, events, and activities designed to keep Metaview fans engaged with the Metaview brand outside of the app, in Discord, and in-person.
- Create fan-facing resources and content such as live streams, written articles, guides, videos, and FAQs to help educate and enhance the Metaview fan experience.
- Regularly assess the community’s pulse, understand community concerns, and communicate community status to Metaview internal teams.
- Manage and evolve community guidelines
- Maintain a pulse on the latest gaming, creator and esports trends and incorporate into content and/or event activations.
Experience / Requirements
- At least 3-5 years of Community Management experience at a game studio, content (Twitch/YouTube), or social media related company.
- Have built communities from the ground up on social media, forums, YouTube/Twitch and/or within Discord.
- Strong experience posting on social media platforms including TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, etc and demonstrated experience of strategies to drive engagement and growth.
- Excellent communication skills for both external and internal audiences.
- You have a deep passion for gaming creators and the gaming content ecosystem.
- You’re a self-starter. You can do a lot with a little. You know how to propose what you need to get things done.
- You have a strong presence as a content creator / communicator You genuinely enjoy getting every fan and member (casual and hardcore) excited to be a part of the Metaview community.
Compensation. Competitive with top Series A funded startups with existing product and traction.
Location. We have a hybrid work environment. HQ in Los Angeles, CA with flexible partial week WFH policy. Remote OK with travel to HQ for team onsite visits.
Community We're a diverse collective who share a passion for shared gaming entertainment experiences. We're building a place where all members can participate, contribute and have fun.
Entertainment We come together to create and showcase the best entertainment for the community. The world of gaming is vast — creators, esports, communities, music, metaverse, crypto — and has endless moments to celebrate.
Inclusion & Respect Good vibes only. We're an inclusive community, embrace who you are and respect what you believe in. Together we create a fun, safe and respectful environment for everyone.
Responsibility & Accountability We lift each other up because we're all going higher. To do that as a team and community, all our members have a responsibility and accountability to each other and the broader community.