Director of Marketing
Los Angeles, CA /
Marketing & Community /
Metaview is a team of 20 who have built some of the biggest global successes in the gaming creator economy, esports and video games. We’re led by former Twitch leaders, and are backed by a stellar group of VCs, strategics and operators that are deeply connected in the gaming, creator and crypto industries.
We’re building the next generation creator content platform that will redefine creator-to-fan and community engagement through blockchain social tokens and showcase level gaming experiences. Our vision is to enable fans and creators, for the first time ever, to own a piece of the economy and community that they help build and grow -- at Metaview, we believe all stakeholders should benefit from platform growth as one collective community at large.
We’re shooting for the moon 🚀, and are looking for exceptional, passionate builders including blockchain specialists, hackers, technologists, gaming experts, product gurus, and creator economy enthusiasts to take on this journey with us.
About the Position
As Director of Marketing, you will be the company’s marketing leader at the seminal phase of the company and oversee all marketing and PR functions at Metaview. We leverage external resources where it makes sense, and will partner with you to define essential internal, operating needs. The candidate we need has the knowledge and experience to run these functions for a growing, gaming entertainment x creator x crypto Series A company. This candidate must be ready to roll up their sleeves and grow with the company, and also have flexible, bold thinking -- we are doing something big in blockchain and need an able and confident leader to define current and future Marketing needs for Metaview. This role reports to the CEO, and will work closely with the leadership team and senior members of the company.
- Oversee and manage the marketing department including overall marketing roadmap, product marketing, messaging/storytelling, social media, and IRL/online community events.
- Plan and execute GTM marketing requirements to enable Metaview to operate and achieve its all-up roadmap and long term vision.
- From the lens of product category creation, shape the story on who we are and why we matter for the gaming community, creators and blockchain community.
- Evolve and drive the company’s brand strategy - lead integrated and strategic marketing and communications plan to deliver the Metaview’s brand, story and value proposition to its viewer and creator customer personas.
- Content Generation & Outbound Marketing: own creative and content marketing campaigns across all owned channels (social, email, and event and creator partnerships).
- Partner with the Chief Content Officer to manage our community.
- 7+ years of marketing experience with 2+ in a startup / young company environment.
- Full-stack generalist marketing knowledge and tangible GTM experiences.
- Experience in a leadership/senior role encompassing branding, brand strategy, and brand management especially for an early stage company.
- Experience building and implementing marketing department requirements and processes.
- Experience recruiting and managing a team.
- Growth mindset -- we are building a new, category defining product. Interest / active use with social media, gaming and/or video content platforms.
- Interest / familiarity with gaming and/or creators.
- Experience w/ social interest communities.
- Interest / familiarity with cryptocurrency/blockchain.
Compensation. Competitive with top Series A funded startups with existing product and traction.
Location. We have a hybrid work environment. HQ in Los Angeles, CA with flexible partial week WFH policy. Remote OK with travel to HQ for team onsite visits.
Everything we do is based on four essential values that define who we are: Community, Entertainment, Inclusion, and Accountability. These are our public-facing company values, but they ring just as true within our internal company culture.
Community We're a diverse collective who share a passion for shared gaming entertainment experiences. We're building a place where all members can participate, contribute and have fun.
Entertainment We come together to create and showcase the best entertainment for the community. The world of gaming is vast — creators, esports, communities, music, metaverse, crypto — and has endless moments to celebrate.
Inclusion & Respect Good vibes only. We're an inclusive community, embrace who you are and respect what you believe in. Together we create a fun, safe and respectful environment for everyone.
Responsibility & Accountability We lift each other up because we're all going higher. To do that as a team and community, all our members have a responsibility and accountability to each other and the broader community.