Senior Backend Engineer
Los Angeles, CA /
Metaview is a team of 15 who have built some of the biggest global successes in the gaming creator economy, esports and video games. We’re led by former Twitch leaders, and are backed by a stellar group of VCs, strategics and operators that are deeply connected in the gaming, creator and crypto industries.
We’re building the next generation gaming content platform that will redefine creator-to-fan and community engagement through Community Tokens and Creator Short-Form Content. Our vision is to enable fans and creators, for the first time ever, to own a piece of the social economy that they help grow -- at Metaview, we believe all stakeholders should benefit from platform growth as one collective community at large.
We’re shooting for the moon 🚀, and are looking for exceptional, passionate builders including blockchain specialists, hackers, technologists, gaming experts, product gurus, and creator economy enthusiasts to take on this journey with us.
About the Position
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will lead development on the Metaview API and other backend systems (databases, schedulers) which power our mobile applications, website, and internal content management system. You will also contribute to our short-form video system and ML-based content recommendation system. Interested in crypto / blockchain technologies? You'll help pioneer an unannounced project that aims to shake up the gaming creator patronage model.
- Lead the development and optimization of Metaview's API - currently RESTful on Firebase's cloud functions (Node.js)
- Contribute to database management and search - NoSQL on Firestore & MongoDB
- Wear multiple hats - we have exciting projects related to Blockchain tech, video engineering, and machine learning just to name a few
- Act as a key stakeholder in product planning, roadmap review, and resource allocation
- Provide mentorship to the engineering team and help to build team culture, processes, and tools
- 5+ years of software development experience across backend technologies
- High degree of accountability and sense of ownership
- Self-starter mentality - must be able to effectively work independently and autonomously
- Proficiency writing and shipping SQL code in a large-scale relational database environment
- Familiarity with ERC-20, smart contracts, and other blockchain technologies
- Competitive with top Series A funded startups with existing product and traction
- HQ in Los Angeles, CA with flexible partial WFH policy
- Remote OK with travel to HQ for team onsite visits