Lincoln Center - New York, NY /
Salary: $775.45/week + applicable overtime per the CBA
Staff Performers work as full-time actors and specialty performers in preparation for and during the Metropolitan Opera Season.
All interested candidates must submit by October 13, 2023.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong acting ability
- Ability to adapt to various roles and musical styles
- Superior stage presence
- Ability to take direction
- Previous stage experience in a supernumerary or acting role, preferably at the Met
- Availability to work weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of operatic repertoire desired but not required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, lift heavy objects, hear musical cues, and other such activities as staged
- Must be exclusively available for all rehearsals and performances
- Must be a member of, or be willing to join AGMA, as this is an AGMA position.
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.