Key Associate - Part Time
Lincoln Center - New York, NY /
Key Associates are responsible for opening, closing, and supervising sales associates to achieve daily sales goals while providing exceptional customer service. The Keys assist our guests with gifts and purchases at the Met Opera Shop, online, or via special orders. They are thoughtful, engaging, knowledgeable and energetic. In addition, to superior selling and exceptional customer service skills, the Key Associate is an ambassador for the Metropolitan Opera and as such, helps create a lasting and memorable impression of the opera house.
- Achieve hourly and daily sales goals via exemplary customer service and thorough product knowledge.
- Communicate goals and prompt associates to achieve personal and store goals
- Provide excellent, engaging and thoughtful customer service
- Communicate professionally, and effectively with customers and co-workers
- Customer Service
- Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner
- Report all Guild memberships sold on a weekly basis.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Met Opera Shop products, signings and events, in-store and web promotions
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of past and current Met Opera productions
- Develop thorough understanding of Lincoln Center activities
- Assist with back stock and stock room operations to ensure the floor is well merchandised, all products are represented, and any issues are communicated to SM
- Maintain product displays including accurate signs, price tags, and collections
- Keep the selling area, registers and stock area clean and well maintained
- Assist with web fulfillment including picking, packing, and shipping
- Assist with receipt of purchase orders, merchandise, and supplies
- Open and close the Shop following the proper routines and standards
- Execute cash and deposit routines as directed
- Ring on the register,
- Report and handle all required transactions, issue receipts and pack merchandise accurately and efficiently
- Aid in scheduling, reporting and staff assignment breakdowns
- Assist in training new sales associates
- As directed, perform cycle counts
- Stay informed of store standards, practices and routines and work accordingly
- Adhere to all policies and programs contained in the Employee Handbook
- Perform other duties as directed
Skill and Qualifications:
- Excellent selling skills
- Strong math skills and basic knowledge of retail math
- A love of the opera and a strong knowledge of opera composers, performers, works and recordings
- Friendly, outgoing, professional personality
- Prior experience in retail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Selling floor work environment
- Must be available and able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Must be able to maneuver around sales floor and stock rooms, work with cleaning chemicals, and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
$19 - $22 an hour
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.