Lincoln Center - New York, NY /
Marketing & Communications /
Responsible for the design and execution of print and digital materials and promotional items that support the Metropolitan Opera
- Creates and implements designs based on style guides, direction and concepts provided by senior studio members.
- Creates organized files and systems that allow for laying out large volumes of content.
- Designs across platforms with an understanding of best practices in each media.
- Researches and shares current trends in design, culture and media.
- Follows best practices on file release and server organization.
- Team player willing and able to take on a variety of tasks.
- Maintains the studio website and keeps it up to date.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years of design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred.
- Must have high quality portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of brand systems and a refined typographic sensibility.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Design software including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Must have understanding and working ability to use After Effects.
- Must be able to work under pressure, maintain tight deadlines and juggle many projects simultaneously—all with a sense of humor and passion for the business.
$50,000 - $55,000 a year
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.