Director, Performance Marketing
New York, NY
Metric Digital powers marketing for the best, most disruptive direct to consumer brands in the world. We’ve helped companies drive sustainable growth that helped fuel their acquisition, IPO, or next funding round, such as Canada Goose (IPO), Bonobos (Acquired), Hired.com (Series C). Many of our clients are on the IAB 250 list, like JackThreads, Mack Weldon, Hint Water and Nature Box.
We’ve grown from a team of ~5 to a team of ~30 in the last two and a half years, and are looking for leaders to help us continue on our growth trajectory. We also recently published our first book, Badvertising, which uncovers shady practices in the digital marketing industry and helps brand executives avoid them.
We're looking for a seasoned performance marketer to lead a team in the strategic planning, activation, optimization and reporting of digital marketing campaigns that ladder up to core client business objectives. The Director of Performance Marketing will set the strategic vision for campaign planning, be a leading client partner and a driving force in the growth and development of their team.
The ideal candidate will have client services excellence, integrated media planning and activation experience with Paid Search and Paid Social expertise, and a proven track record of driving business growth for their clients.
- Lead the creation of digital marketing strategy across a portfolio of clients that addresses client business objectives & revenue goals, inclusive of customer acquisition, retention and loyalty
- Direct a team of digital specialists that assist in program strategy and manage Paid Search and Paid Social program execution, optimization and reporting, providing them with ongoing training and road map for career development
- Collaborate with clients to understand their business goals and translate them into media objectives, performance KPIs and measurement plans
- Develop the team's storytelling capabilities as it relates to performance insights and implications, and the connectivity to larger marketing and business goals
- Develop new processes for operational efficiencies to ensure executional excellence and team efficiency as the team continues to grow
- Challenge the status quo, inspiring the team to approach client challenges in new, unique ways
- Lead the presentation of business reviews and go-forward plans to executive client stakeholders
- Partner with cross-functional teams internally at Metric Digital and externally on the client side to facilitate connectivity in strategy development, execution and performance evaluation
- 4-7+ years managing paid digital advertising for performance objectives
- Fluency with digital marketing platforms with a strong emphasis on Facebook Ads Manager, Google Adwords and Google Analytics
- Advanced knowledge of media fundamentals and an ability to educate at all levels, spanning from new junior hires to executive level client stakeholders
- Player + coach mentality - at a start-up like ours, everyone who manages also needs to do
- Strong comfort level with, and a POV on, data, analytics and measurement
- Experience managing a team, with a strong desire and ability to grow and develop talent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, fully owning whatever is thrown your way
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Benefits of working at Metric Digital
• Competitive salary + bonuses
• Flexible (unlimited) vacation and remote work policy
• Great medical & dental coverage (and we cover 100% of the premiums) plus free membership in ONE Medical
• Pre-tax benefits (like transit benefits)
• Collaborative, casual office environment full of smart people who like solving problems. As a Metric Collective company, we share our office with ~ 30 other smart, fun, entrepreneurial people
• Responsibility and ownership from day 1
• Fully stocked snack situation
• Awesome company trips