Our client is a boutique DevOps Consulting and Delivery Transformation services firm. They specialize in collaborating with organizations attempting to embrace leaner and faster delivery practices. Their consulting practice brings strong mentoring and training capability with hands on guidance to help our clients reach new levels of success every step of the way.
● Own, grow, coach, train, and build
● Improve people, processes, and tools through constant feedback
● Try, learn, innovate, and explore
● Become a change evangelist and a recognized leader with a vision
● Effect actual change at customers while driving highly visible effort
● Tackle complex, Hands-on technical challenges and perform research when dealing with unknowns
● Design and develop solutions enabling push button deployments from dev to prod via Jenkins, Maven, Git, Nexus, Perl/Python/Java, Groovy, Grunt, Gulp, Selenium, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and any other necessary tools
● Define & build a version control(git) repository strategy + structure including naming conventions, versioning, ordering, privileges, and standards for our customers
● Enable application teams with a CI process for new application repositories, hand-hold through any special needs, and solve for impediments and blockers
● Train the DevOps team(s) to automate the setup of the jobs in Jenkins (or other CI/CD product) as a self-service to developers and also uplift skills around creating a CI/CD ecosystem.
● Guide DevOps teams to set ongoing standards around versioning, naming conventions, 3rd Party Libraries, Schedulers, Build Job standards, Deployment job standards, notifications/alerts & dashboards that show real time metrics.
● Document solutions in a simple and digestible fashion for application teams to own long term.
● Validate tools, processes, and environments for the engagement while providing feedback to the architects, principal consultants, and product ownership
● 60-80% travel availability
● Excellent and precise interpersonal skills (Your resume should be no more than 2 pages)
● 2+ years total development experience
● 1+ years of client facing work
● 1+ years of work in the DevOps, CI/CD space (build/deploy pipelines, IaaC/Environment/Test automation)
● 1+ years of working in agile, lean, or iterative teams
● US CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT, cannot sponsor work visas