Sr Data Engineer
US - New York, New York City
Digital Platform Group – Engineering
The Senior Data Engineer will help drive the design and development of highly scalable enterprise data mart deployed on Amazon for our core analytics and data science integration platform. You will create, own, manage, share support of, and drive best practices for our enterprise data mart which is used across multiple data intensive applications including reporting and data science for McGraw-Hill's Digital Platform Group.
Our Digital Platform Group is a world-class Education Technology team utilizing state-of-the-art applications to deliver intuitive learning experiences. DPG builds data-driven digital products that enhance teaching and improve learning outcomes. The team also conducts research and development targeted at new market opportunities in the quickly evolving education technology space. Join our DPG team and you’ll assist in innovating learning technology and impacting the next generation of learners!
As a Sr Data Engineer, you will contribute to the team by
· Working effectively with Technical Product Management and SCRUM masters to meaningfully contribute to our agile team.
· High/Low level designing, hands on software development, create frameworks, use third party frameworks, code reviews.
· Identifying gaps and proactively improve system service level agreements.
· Providing technical mentoring and coaching to engineers on the development team.
What you’ll need to be successful:
· 8+ years of experience with ETL data processing concepts with full implementation cycle experience in enterprise data marts, including advanced SQL development skills
· 6+ years Architecture and Optimization experience for Database systems technologies with a focus on data marts and data warehouses, including column stores and NoSQL implementations
· 2+ years of experience with Apache Spark and with a modern development language (Scala, Python, Java)
· Strong understanding of data modeling concepts, including schema development, validation, and evolution (normalized and denormalized)
· Experience with performance tuning and scaling production databases
Placed on hold due to lack of communication from hiring manager and manager repeatedly missing bi-weekly 1on1s.
When you join our team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products that positively impact learning. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee.
Join us for a career where you’ll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.