Product Manager - K-5 Math Supplemental
US - Ohio, Columbus
School Education – Editorial Content
Product Managers are responsible for maximizing the value of the assigned product lines and supporting Product Management’s accountability for the overall performance of the portfolio. The Product Manager facilitates research to secure market and customer data to support development decisions made by the product line leadership; and works with the cross-functional team to ensure a successful execution of the product line strategy. The products you'll work on are used around the globe. We have a passion for learning and believe that every student should have access to affordable, high-quality learning solutions designed to help them succeed. Product Managers must be willing to develop deep understanding of the assigned product(s), market segments, and customers.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Support the overall strategic vision and plan for products and the entire portfolio in order to achieve or exceed strategic goals for market share, top-line, and profit growth.
- Works well in a cross-functional environment and is an active member of the team looking to solve problems and remove barriers.
- Work with the Director to manage a profitable P&L and develop a strategic business plan for assigned portfolio.
- Assist in leading product and portfolio cross-functional decision making and planning. Align forecasting and measurement of progress towards goals. Responsible for supporting business case(s) for investment decisions.
- Supports the team in meeting investment and delivery requirements and supports the management of the product lifecycle for products in the portfolio.
- Fully understands and tracks all product activity that affects assigned portfolio, including any product launches/enhancements and competitor movement.
- Partners closely with marketing and sales teams to seed and secure adoptions. Participates in appropriate Development and Marketing activities.
What you’ll need to be successful:
· Bachelor's Degree required
· 3-5 years of experience relevant product management, marketing, sales and/or development
· Displays practical business sense, fiscal skills and accountability; experience in budgeting, project approval, and forecasting spending
· Ability to approach planning and execute in a strategic, organized and fiscally responsible manner. Ability to analyze, summarize and synthesize varied inputs to a cohesive, engaging solution vision and profitable programs; must think and act strategically while demonstrating the hands-on skills necessary to deliver high-quality product solutions
· Ability to analyze, summarize and synthesize varied inputs to a cohesive, engaging solution vision and profitable programs; must think and act strategically while demonstrating the hands-on skills necessary to deliver high-quality product solutions
· Drive for Results. “Can-do” attitude and persistence; leading cross-functional team in the same fashion.
When you join our team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products that positively impact learning. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee.
Join us for a career where you’ll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.