Sr. Product Manager
US - Ohio, Columbus
School Education – Editorial Content
Senior Product Managers are responsible for providing strategic direction for their product lines with minimal day-to-day guidance. The products you'll work on are used around the globe. We have a passion for learning and believe that every student should have access to affordable, high-quality learning solutions designed to help them succeed.Candidates for this role must be willing to develop a deep understanding of K-5 Mathematics competitive landscape, market segments, and the customer needs relevant. They are responsible for maximizing the value of their product(s) and supporting Product Management’s accountability for the overall performance of the portfolio.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- Support the overall strategic vision and plan for the assigned portfolio in order to achieve or exceed strategic goals for market share, top-line, and profit growth.
- Assist in leading product and portfolio cross-functional decision making and planning.
- Work with the Director to manage a profitable P&L and develop a strategic business plan for the portfolio.
- Works well in a cross-functional environment and is an active member of the team looking to solve problems and remove barriers.
- Fully understands and tracks all product activity that affects assigned portfolio, including any product launches/enhancements and competitor movement.
- Partners closely with marketing and sales teams to seed and secure adoptions.
- Works to be in a position to provide thought leadership on business model strategies, setting business goals and input on pricing strategies.
- Work with platform experts to define required technology specifications and determine how proposed products/services can integrate with existing McGraw-Hill Education platforms in order to solve customer problems.
What you’ll need to be successful:
· Bachelor's Degree required
· 5-7 years of experience relevant to product management, marketing, sales and/or development
· Experience in K-5 Mathematics Education a plus
· Displays practical business sense, fiscal skills and accountability; experience in budgeting, project approval, and forecasting spending
· Ability to approach planning and execute in a strategic, organized and fiscally responsible manner. Ability to analyze, summarize and synthesize varied inputs to a cohesive, engaging solution vision and profitable programs; must think and act strategically while demonstrating the hands-on skills necessary to deliver high-quality product solutions
· Interpersonal Savvy. Outstanding communication skills along with the capacity to work within corporate and entrepreneurial environments.
· Sales, go-to-market sensibility and savviness in decision making, designs, marketability and competitiveness of their products is an area being developed
· Possess deep understanding of basic financial and business metrics, including P&L statements, conversion rates, sell-through, market share, attrition, gross margin, customer satisfaction, and retention rates.
When you join our team, you become part of a company that impacts millions of students and teachers every day. As a leader in the EdTech space, McGraw-Hill offers flexibility and collaboration while creating innovative products that positively impact learning. Our mission is to unlock the potential of every learner and every employee.
Join us for a career where you’ll grow both personally and professionally in a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.