US - New York, New York City /
Professional – Editorial Content /
Impact the Moment
When was the last time you experienced the impact of your work? Our team thrives on building meaningful relationships with leading business experts and helping professionals achieve their highest levels of success. With that comes the unique opportunity to touch lives across the world and experience first-hand the difference your hard work makes. We’re looking for an Editor to join our team. This is a remote position and can be based anywhere within the United States.
How can you make an impact?
The Editor will be responsible for acquiring, developing, and publishing in the Business Group of McGraw Hill Professional. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity in helping shape a robust business list that regularly publishes national bestsellers, globally recognized experts, and breakthrough business content.
What you will be doing:
- Solicit proposals from agents and authors; focus on developing strategic partnerships with training companies and business associations.
- Work closely with authors to develop, refine, and finalize manuscripts ensuring that projects adhere to the high standards of the division and satisfy the requirements set for the project when it was acquired.
- Successfully negotiate author contracts, including advances, royalty rates, and licensing while minimizing financial exposure/risk.
- Prepare and present strategic acquisitions to the Associate Publisher, to the Editorial Board, at Go-To-Market meetings, WebEx meetings, sales conferences, etc.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales departments to ensure that books meet the needs of target markets.
- Assume overall responsibility for the accuracy of data in our marketing systems and feeds for all acquired titles.
We’re looking for someone with:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in an editorial role in professional or trade publishing.
· Demonstrated success in publishing business books for the trade market, global market and special sales market.
· Strong knowledge of the general business book market.
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to communicate with top experts in the field.
· Ability to develop manuscript, to include making decisions on the content, direction, and writing abilities of authors.
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw Hill and together, we'll impact the world.