Full Stack Developer
Austin, TX /
MicroVentures is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our Web Development team. As part of the team, you will contribute to various web applications across a variety of frontend and backend disciplines. The ideal candidate has at least 2-3 years of experience working as part of a team on medium-to-large scale applications.
- Help maintain and extend existing applications. Our development stack spans a variety of technologies — Laravel, Vue.js, React, Node.js, Scala, Lamba, nginx, and MySQL
- Build new features and enhancements to all applications as needed
- Follow direction and advice from more senior members of the team
Additional Skills and Experience
- Production experience with at least one backend programming language (Python, PHP, Ruby, Node.js, etc.)
- Experience building applications using MVC frameworks (Django, Laravel, Symfony, Rails, MEAN, MERN, etc.)
- Experience building and interacting with RESTful APIs
- Experience deploying applications to AWS Lambda
- Building responsive web interfaces with a mobile-first mentality
- Managing source code using git
- Experience or knowledge of how pull requests work in a team environment
- Comfortable on the command line
- Knowledgeable about package managers (Pip, Composer, npm, yarn, etc.)
- Comfortable with the concepts and creation of automated tests (TDD, integration testing, etc.)
- Able to build intuitive user interfaces when given design direction
- Comfortable using CSS preprocessors (SASS, SCSS, Less)
- You must have a desire to relocate or currently live in Austin, TX to be considered for this role.
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with limited supervision.
- Strong writing and grammar skills are a must.
- Bonus points if you have a strong understanding of financing and accounting.
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Healthcare, dental, vision, disability
- 401(k) + match
- Company equity
- A challenging, fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Fully stocked break room
Please note: This is not a remote position. You must be eligible to work in the United States and be in, or willing to relocate to, the Austin, TX area.