Investor Relations Representative
Dallas, TX /
Investor Relations /
MicroVentures is a platform that gives both accredited and non-accredited investors access to invest in startups. We are one of the financial industry's first organizations which merges crowdfunding with the venture capital industry. MicroVentures provides an opportunity for angel investors to invest in startups alongside Venture Capitalists, often at the same terms. We are looking for high service oriented individuals in Austin and/or DFW areas to help us revolutionize the way investors access and invest in private companies! The best candidate will be interested in developing a broad set of skills in a way that is only possible in a small organization. We are seeking candidates who enjoy helping others, looking to grow with the company and assume new responsibilities as the company expands. This position offers the potential for career growth and advancement.
What you'll do at MicroVentures:
- You will provide an exceptional client experience to our investors through chat, email and phone channels as you will serve as the main point of contact for our investors throughout the entire investment process.
- Educate clients on the investment process and how to resolve any issue they might encounter along the way.
- Build Strong Relationships with our investors as well as our diverse group of associates focused on exceeding our clients’ expectations.
- Be consultant by recommending appropriate solutions after performing an efficient and effective needs analysis.
- Problem solve current client issues to meet the immediate need as well as identify opportunities to enhance future client interactions.
You might be a great fit for us if:
- You possess robust consulting, influencing and client engagement skills to earn the trust of our clients via their chosen communication channel
- You desire to work in a collaborative team-based culture without the predictability and highly-processed structure of a larger organization
- You are flexible to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
- You thrive in a fast-paced client-centric environment that proactively seeks to identify potential problems and the initiative to resolve them
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit that cherishes ambiguity. Our associates are empowered to create, modify or terminate procedures to deliver a better client experience
- You value continuous self-improvement focused on helping you learn and develop the skills needed to grow with us
- Your ability to work well on teams and in fast-paced, cross-collaborative environments.
- You think analytically and deliver solutions to complex challenges
Required essential skills:
- FINRA Series 7 & 63/66 (may be obtained under a condition of employment)
- Basic understanding of brokerage regulations and rules that govern client accounts
- Demonstrated experience handling client concerns and issues with tact and diplomacy
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team, while handling multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to manage multiple client situations, needs and inquiries simultaneously
- Need to be able to build and maintain good cross organization working relationships
You might be a great fit for us if:
- You can write emails and voicemails that people can’t help responding to.
- You usually exceed expectations because you strive to be the best at what you do. No one has to motivate you with cupcakes. It is innate. (Although cupcakes may happen anyway!)
- You are an organized, self-disciplined individual. Following up is your 2nd favorite thing after initiating a conversation.
- Every company is looking for an individual with excellent communication skills, right? Yes, but effective communication skills are critical in this role. You will be working with investors who have varying levels of experiences and knowledge both over the phone and in emails / chat.
You might NOT be a fit for us if:
- You need the predictability and highly-processed structure of a larger organization.
- You don’t have customer service experience.
- You aren’t willing to go the extra mile.
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Healthcare, dental, disability
- 401(k) + match
- Company equity
- A challenging, fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Fully stocked break room