Austin, TX /
MicroVentures is looking for a Frontend Web Developer to join our growing Web Development team. As part of the team, you will contribute to various web applications serving our investors and in-house users. The ideal candidate has at least 2-3 years of experience working as part of a team on medium-to-large scale applications and has a keen eye for UI/UX design patterns. They must also be able to provide leadership and mentoring skills for less senior members of the team.
- Design and develop new user-facing features
- Craft beautiful UI/UX while ensuring their technical feasibility
- Collaboration with back end developers
Additional Skills and Experience
- Expertise in HTML5/CSS3 and use of pre-processing (SASS or LESS)
- Experience in the node/npm/yarn eco-system for development and deployment
- Deep knowledge of build systems (webpack, Parcel, grunt, gulp, etc.)
- TDD experience and an evangelist for testing frameworks
- Practiced in front-end QA testing and testing automation (cypress.io)
- git workflows, branch management
- Experience with React Native (or native iOS or Android codebases)
- Knowledge of iOS design language
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
- You must have a desire to relocate or currently live in Austin, TX to be considered for this role.
- You must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with limited supervision.
- Strong writing and grammar skills are a must.
- You must have the ability to pay attention to the fine details in user interface and design.
- Bonus points if you have a strong understanding of financing and accounting.
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Healthcare, dental, vision, disability
- 401(k) + match
- Company equity
- A challenging, fast-paced, continually changing environment
- Fully stocked break room
Please note: This is not a remote position. You must be eligible to work in the United States and be in, or willing to relocate to, the Austin, TX area.