Senior Full Stack Engineer
New York, NY /
Mighty is on a mission to help millions of injured plaintiffs get a better deal from the civil justice system. Today, our ownership management platform helps personal injury law firms, medical providers and financial service businesses manage their personal injury liens in more than 150,000 cases worth over $1 Billion. We are growing our team with the support of a $9M Series A led by IA Ventures and Tribeca Venture Partners in March 2018.
Mighty is looking for a self-starting engineer who has a passion for leveraging technology to solve social problems. The ideal candidate possesses outstanding intellectual horsepower and loves the autonomy of owning projects. You’re the kind of person who knows that managing is an essential function but hates not coding and talks about technology all the time… even at dinner parties - but doesn't actually go to dinner parties. The role can be based out of the NYC office or fully remote, if that’s the preference of the hire.
- Lead frontend development and architecture
- Counsel and mentor junior engineers about architecture and best practices
- Improve the team through quality code reviews
- Create standards and reusable components to help us scale faster and more efficiently
- 5+ years of prior engineering experience
- Experience with OOP and exposure to FP
- Experience building RESTful APIs
- Significant experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc)
- High level of comfort getting around AWS’s cloud infrastructure
- Previous startup experience
- Experience writing Docker files
- Familiarity with a framework with Django, Rails, Laravel or a similar web framework
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits - health, vision, and dental, 401(k) with company contribution
- Unlimited paid time off - take time when you need it
- Monthly lunch stipend
- Stipend for home office furniture and accessories
- Learning and Development opportunities
- And more!