Senior Finance Associate, Originations
New York, NY
Mighty is on a mission to help millions of injured plaintiffs get a better deal from the civil justice system. Today, our ownership management platform helps personal injury law firms, medical providers and financial service businesses manage their personal injury liens in more than 150,000 cases worth over $1 Billion. We are growing our team with the support of a $9M Series A led by IA Ventures and Tribeca Venture Partners in March 2018.
What You'll Do:
You’ll be part of our finance team, working to bring liquidity to an esoteric asset class, personal injury. Mighty has raised $105M to provide a secondary market for financiers who invest in personal injury to get financing from us. You’ll help us build relationships, negotiate and transact with companies around the country who invest in personal injury cases and work closely with our finance team to build world class financial products.
- Driving new growth opportunities by prospecting, qualifying and negotiating economics of potential new financing deals
- Originating high-quality investment opportunities
- Cultivating long-term relationships with deal sources
- Identifying, defining, and developing finance products
- Identifying joint venture partnership opportunities
- Assisting with underwriting deals
- Staying abreast of industry trends and building understanding of differences between Mighty’s products and other strategic fund managers in the market
- 3-6 years of experience in a finance role
- Experience in sales or business development
- Bachelors from a top university; MBA or JD is nice to have but not required
- Creative self starter who is excited by working autonomously and charting their own path