People Operations Specialist
New York, NY
Mighty is on a mission to help millions of injured plaintiffs get a better deal from the civil justice system. Today, our ownership management platform helps personal injury law firms, medical providers and financial service businesses manage their personal injury liens in more than 150,000 cases worth over $1 Billion. We are growing our team with the support of a $9M Series A led by IA Ventures and Tribeca Venture Partners in March 2018.
As Mighty's People Specialist you will support all people operations initiatives for our New York team. This is a unique opportunity to join a small but growing team that will give you broad exposure to many different facets of a booming startup. You will have the chance to make a significant impact on our company culture while developing and growing your career!
- You will help to manage a seamless and inspiring onboarding experience for all our new hires and provide fresh perspective on how we can continually improve that experience
- Provide people support to our employees across all office locations
- Be a key player in the effort to identify and implement ways to increase employee engagement and “celebrate and enjoy the journey”
- Maintain semi monthly payroll & 401k
- Update and maintain all our systems of record, including HRIS and benefit systems, as well as our ATS (Lever) and org charts
- Create documentation related to offers of employment, employee status changes, terminations, etc.
- Keep up to date on and ensure compliance in all HR activities.
- 1-2 years of experience supporting HR, recruiting or general people operations
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience with HRIS, ATS and payroll experience a plus.
- Experience identifying and resolving issues independently - solid sense of accountability and judgment
- Exceptionally organized and process oriented
- High energy and enthusiasm for working with a fast paced team
- Competitive compensation
- Full Benefits - health, vision, and dental, 401(k) with company contribution
- Unlimited paid time off - take time when you need it
- Lunch delivered to the office everyday + team lunches every Friday
- Fully stocked pantry and bar, including coldbrew and healthy snacks