Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines /
IT – IT /
Migo levels the digital playing field for 3 billion under-innovated consumers – bringing the best bits of the internet to the corner store, across the emerging world.
After bringing reading into the digital era, Kindle tech inventor Barrett Comiskey built Migo’s disruptive unique ecosystem solution to provide affordable access to digital products and services. Backed by Temasek, YouTube’s Co-Founding CTO, blue chip VCs, and key industry insiders, Migo delivers data up to 100 times cheaper than existing networks, and that cost advantage is growing.
Migo launched in Indonesia in 2020. Migo’s initial product is sachet passes providing customers access to entertainment and education at convenient neighborhood clouds (aka Migo Download Stations/MDS). Migo today has more than 1,000 locations covering over 20 million Indonesians.
In September 2021, MNC Vision Networks (MVN), a subsidiary of leading media conglomerate MNC Group, invested $40 million for a minority stake in Migo Indonesia, accelerating Migo Indonesia’s rollout to reach 100 million Indonesians across Java by end of 2022.
Prior to the investment, Migo Indonesia became the core distributor of Vision+ (MVN’s OTT) content, by launching Vision+ on Migo to deliver a tailored experience to offline consumers.
In addition to its cornerstone partnership with Vision+, Migo Indonesia also carries entertainment content from a range of top local and international producers, and education content from the best Indonesian EdTech players, as well from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology.
You'll be responsible for preparing accurate, engaging, and user-friendly documentation and communicating the technical aspects of several IT Services to both highly technical and non-technical users in the organization to boost user experience and work productivity.
As well as producing quality learning materials such as technical documentation, infographics, screenshot markups, and training videos.
Also being involved in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the IT Office services.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Obtain a deep understanding of our internal IT systems, Tools, and applications to translate complex information into a simple, polished, and engaging manual.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the internal users ( Imagineers), and sets our users up for success.
- Gather users’ feedback and receive the internal request on documentation to improve usability.
- Ensure consistency in training documentation and guide materials across the IT services.
- Build, maintain and update the existing materials, manuals, SOP, and video tutorials accordingly to reflect on regular IT updates.
- Monitors analytics on the usage of online training materials as well as those embedded within the IT Knowledge-Based Portal to prioritize future training investments.
- Maintain the overall IT services documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use.
- Oversee planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet scheduled release dates and deliverables of IT regular postings.
- Updates, edits, and proofreads written materials such as IT Services manuals, user manuals, how-to guides, and FAQs.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant technical field ( or IT industry-based experience)
- 2 years plus industry experience as a technical writer
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials.
- Effective communicator with both writing and speaking skills in English.
- Excellent, clear, clean, accessible writing; an obsessive eye for consistency and technical accuracy.
- Ability of active listening and understanding of user needs.
- Ability to write user-friendly, engaging copy about highly technical subjects.
- Ability to understand and accurately translate technical information for a general audience.
- Experience in presenting technical information in a live setting, such as classroom training, presentations, or video conference.
- Experience working with IT engineering to improve users’ experience and help to improve and refine content with comprehensive visuals or charts for technical support material.
- Please upload at least 1 sample of your technical writing portfolio or work when submit your application.
Why join us?
Simple: We bring joy and transformation not only to Emerging Markets but to you, too.
Being an Imagineer means breaking boundaries by imagining, designing, building, and developing innovation to transform lives. Here in Migo, we aren’t just employees. We are Leaders, Caring, Relentless, Innovators, Always Improving, and we carry this in every action as we work together as one team towards one goal.
We change the world. Our passion for solving problems fuels us to continue challenging social norms and rebalancing accessibility for everyone. We dream big yet execute simply.
We don’t fear failure. Rather, we take those as an opportunity to improve. We move as one borderless team and build ideas together. Your inputs are valued because all of us are innovators: we believe that our endless curiosity while learning from each other builds the next best thing.
We unlock your full potential by being surrounded by a vast diversity of cultures and perspectives. You will be mentored by experts and fellow leaders through knowledge sharing and through fast and straightforward feedback. You will be empowered to grow as an individual and a professional to a whole new level – because as much as you got us, we got you too.
We are Imagineers and together let’s transform the world and you.
Follow us on:
FB (Product News):https://www.facebook.com/MigoIndo/
FB (Careers): https://www.facebook.com/MigoCareers/