Jakarta, Indonesia /
Product – Design & Research /
Migo levels the digital playing field for 3 billion under-innovated consumers – bringing the best bits of the internet to the corner store, across the emerging world.
After bringing reading into the digital era, Kindle tech inventor Barrett Comiskey built Migo’s disruptive unique ecosystem solution to provide affordable access to digital products and services. Backed by Temasek, YouTube’s Co-Founding CTO, blue chip VCs, and key industry insiders, Migo delivers data up to 100 times cheaper than existing networks, and that cost advantage is growing.
Migo launched in Indonesia in 2020. Migo’s initial product is sachet passes providing customers access to entertainment and education at convenient neighborhood clouds (aka Migo Download Stations/MDS). Migo today has more than 1,000 locations covering over 20 million Indonesians.
In September 2021, MNC Vision Networks (MVN), a subsidiary of leading media conglomerate MNC Group, invested $40 million for a minority stake in Migo Indonesia, accelerating Migo Indonesia’s rollout to reach 100 million Indonesians across Java by end of 2022.
Prior to the investment, Migo Indonesia became the core distributor of Vision+ (MVN’s OTT) content, by launching Vision+ on Migo to deliver a tailored experience to offline consumers.
In addition to its cornerstone partnership with Vision+, Migo Indonesia also carries entertainment content from a range of top local and international producers, and education content from the best Indonesian EdTech players, as well from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology.
The Senior Researcher is the team's eyes and ears on-the-ground in each of our local markets for continuously understanding our users and the world in which they live. You are responsible for localizing research projects to ensure effective execution. You'll plan, manage, and conduct local qualitative and quantitative fieldwork and market research as well as train and lead both internal and external interviewers and surveyors. You’ll also assist in user testing and feedback collection from the field, help recruit research participants, generate prototypes, manage the usability lab, and ensure that the team has everything they need to smoothly run research studies and user testing sessions.
- Propose an appropriate, localized field methodology (where and how to run the study) and protocol based on project brief
- Run field projects from planning through data collection and analysis and synthesis
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative fieldwork and market research including observational studies, in-context interviews, FGDs, and surveys
- Run usability tests with local users to support the product design feedback loop
- Translate and administer questionnaires, surveys, and interviews
- Prepare user research activities, including recruiting and screening participants and scheduling research sessions
- Handle research operations tasks (securing permits, generating permission and release forms, preparing incentives, and purchasing gear and equipment)
- Effectively communicate research data using writing, visuals, and verbal communication in English
- Build a sufficiently trusted local team in the target geography. Assess and recruit local hires, recruit participants, and build out a local network.
- Work closely with UX researchers to understand the research objectives and be able to communicate it to the field research team
- 5+ years of applied research experience in technology or digital consumer products
- Degree in behavioral sciences (e.g. psychology, anthropology, sociology) or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques, especially fieldwork, in-context interviews, and surveys
- Good business acumen: Understanding business requirement and translate it into more actionable research works
- Significant exposure on handling both market research (quantitative and qualitative), and UX research
- Experience developing and running usability tests
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of the research lifecycle (study design, recruitment, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- Fieldwork experience in emerging markets
- Ability to put participants at ease, knows how to listen, and teases out stories
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently on and manage a variety of tasks and projects
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills and organization skills
- English communication required
- Able to have flexible working hours (regular business hours + some evenings and weekends depending on the research schedule)
Experience managing internal and external research teams
Why join us?
Simple: We bring joy and transformation not only to Emerging Markets but to you, too.
Being an Imagineer means breaking boundaries by imagining, designing, building, and developing innovation to transform lives. Here in Migo, we aren’t just employees. We are Leaders, Caring, Relentless, Innovators, Always Improving, and we carry this in every action as we work together as one team towards one goal.
We change the world. Our passion for solving problems fuels us to continue challenging social norms and rebalancing accessibility for everyone. We dream big yet execute simply.
We don’t fear failure. Rather, we take those as an opportunity to improve. We move as one borderless team and build ideas together. Your inputs are valued because all of us are innovators: we believe that our endless curiosity while learning from each other builds the next best thing.
We unlock your full potential by being surrounded by a vast diversity of cultures and perspectives. You will be mentored by experts and fellow leaders through knowledge sharing and through fast and straightforward feedback. You will be empowered to grow as an individual and a professional to a whole new level – because as much as you got us, we got you too.
We are Imagineers and together let’s transform the world and you.
Follow us on:
FB (Product News):https://www.facebook.com/MigoIndo/
FB (Careers): https://www.facebook.com/MigoCareers/