Jakarta, Indonesia /
Product – Design & Research /
Migo levels the digital playing field for 3 billion under-innovated consumers – bringing the best bits of the internet to the corner store, across the emerging world.
After bringing reading into the digital era, Kindle tech inventor Barrett Comiskey built Migo’s disruptive unique ecosystem solution to provide affordable access to digital products and services. Backed by Temasek, YouTube’s Co-Founding CTO, blue chip VCs, and key industry insiders, Migo delivers data up to 100 times cheaper than existing networks, and that cost advantage is growing.
Migo launched in Indonesia in 2020. Migo’s initial product is sachet passes providing customers access to entertainment and education at convenient neighborhood clouds (aka Migo Download Stations/MDS). Migo today has more than 1,000 locations covering over 20 million Indonesians.
In September 2021, MNC Vision Networks (MVN), a subsidiary of leading media conglomerate MNC Group, invested $40 million for a minority stake in Migo Indonesia, accelerating Migo Indonesia’s rollout to reach 100 million Indonesians across Java by end of 2022.
Prior to the investment, Migo Indonesia became the core distributor of Vision+ (MVN’s OTT) content, by launching Vision+ on Migo to deliver a tailored experience to offline consumers.
In addition to its cornerstone partnership with Vision+, Migo Indonesia also carries entertainment content from a range of top local and international producers, and education content from the best Indonesian EdTech players, as well from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology.
The UX Researcher is the team's eyes and ears on-the-ground in our Indonesian market for continuously understanding our users and the world in which they live with the goal of improving their experiences. You are responsible for scoping, localization, and execution of mixed-method research projects. You'll synthesize what you learn with quantitative data to generate micro and macro insights that inform decision-making and set the direction for Migo's product, marketing, and business strategies. You’ll also assist in user testing and feedback collection from the field, help recruit research participants, generate prototypes, manage the usability lab, and ensure that the team has everything they need to smoothly run research studies and user testing sessions.
- Co-work with global UX Researchers to design and plan mixed-methods user research and experiments, both qualitative and quantitative, and generate project briefs
- Localize qualitative and quantitative research plans and work closely with field researchers to execute (in-context interviews, observations, user and usability testing, fieldwork, surveys)
- Run usability tests with local users to support the product design feedback loop
- Analyze user behavioral data from a range of sources to uncover consumer intentions, identify and understand behavioral segments and patterns, and measure quality of experience
- Synthesize research findings, uncover and articulate insights, and translate data into results and recommendations that have a clear, direct impact on design and strategy
- Distill research findings into systems-level patterns and frameworks
- Effectively communicate research findings and insights and tell stories using writing, visuals, and verbal communication
- Collaborate closely with researchers (field and UX), data scientists, UX designers, marketers, and product strategists
- Stay current on market trends, competitor products, relevant published literature and UI/UX/human factors research strategies
- 3-4 years of work experience in applied product research, including qualitative and quantitative research experience.
- Degree in behavioral sciences (e.g. psychology, anthropology, sociology) or equivalent professional experience in media ( SVOD), e-commerce, payment, or other tech company
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques, able to synthesize User research experience in Indonesia or other emerging markets
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of the research lifecycle (study design, recruitment, moderation, analysis, reporting, and executive presentations)
- Ability to apply design thinking in data gathering and analysis/synthesis activities
- Detail-oriented and has experience lead a small team to work and manage a variety of tasks and projects
- Excellent communication skills, presentation skills and organization skills
- Strong command of Bahasa Indonesia and the English language
- Able to have flexible working hours (regular business hours + some evenings and weekends depending on the research schedule)
When you apply, please submit a portfolio with 3 examples of past work that showcase your
experience with all aspects of the UX research process:
• Design and planning (e.g. identifying problems, scoping objectives with stakeholders, methodology selection, study plans)
• Research execution (e.g. surveys, interviews, usability testing, BI analysis)
• Results synthesis and insight generation (e.g. personas, design frameworks, metrics analysis, design
• Impact (how did the research generate actionable areas of opportunity for the company)
Also, how you help turn insights into actionable design opportunities, products, services, or experiences, and your ability to communicate in a clear, concise way.
Why join us?
Simple: We bring joy and transformation not only to Emerging Markets but to you, too.
Being an Imagineer means breaking boundaries by imagining, designing, building, and developing innovation to transform lives. Here in Migo, we aren’t just employees. We are Leaders, Caring, Relentless, Innovators, Always Improving, and we carry this in every action as we work together as one team towards one goal.
We change the world. Our passion for solving problems fuels us to continue challenging social norms and rebalancing accessibility for everyone. We dream big yet execute simply.
We don’t fear failure. Rather, we take those as an opportunity to improve. We move as one borderless team and build ideas together. Your inputs are valued because all of us are innovators: we believe that our endless curiosity while learning from each other builds the next best thing.
We unlock your full potential by being surrounded by a vast diversity of cultures and perspectives. You will be mentored by experts and fellow leaders through knowledge sharing and through fast and straightforward feedback. You will be empowered to grow as an individual and a professional to a whole new level – because as much as you got us, we got you too.
We are Imagineers and together let’s transform the world and you.
Follow us on:
FB (Product News):https://www.facebook.com/MigoIndo/
FB (Careers): https://www.facebook.com/MigoCareers/