Taipei City, Taiwan /
Product – Data /
Migo levels the digital playing field for 3 billion under-innovated consumers – bringing the best bits of the internet to the corner store, across the emerging world.
After bringing reading into the digital era, Kindle tech inventor Barrett Comiskey built Migo’s disruptive unique ecosystem solution to provide affordable access to digital products and services. Backed by Temasek, YouTube’s Co-Founding CTO, blue chip VCs, and key industry insiders, Migo delivers data up to 100 times cheaper than existing networks, and that cost advantage is growing.
Migo launched in Indonesia in 2020. Migo’s initial product is sachet passes providing customers access to entertainment and education at convenient neighborhood clouds (aka Migo Download Stations/MDS). Migo today has more than 1,000 locations covering over 20 million Indonesians.
In September 2021, MNC Vision Networks (MVN), a subsidiary of leading media conglomerate MNC Group, invested $40 million for a minority stake in Migo Indonesia, accelerating Migo Indonesia’s rollout to reach 100 million Indonesians across Java by end of 2022.
Prior to the investment, Migo Indonesia became the core distributor of Vision+ (MVN’s OTT) content, by launching Vision+ on Migo to deliver a tailored experience to offline consumers.
In addition to its cornerstone partnership with Vision+, Migo Indonesia also carries entertainment content from a range of top local and international producers, and education content from the best Indonesian EdTech players, as well from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology.
Migo is looking for Data Scientist who’s eager to tackle various problems, drive holistic data road-map and learn more business knowledges to join the team!
- Investigate Migo's user behavior data to identify high-customer-impact problems around Migo’s core user experience; propose solutions and test hypotheses in an iterative cycle to understand the voice of customers in emerging markets
- Improve and maintain Migo’s core recommender system that optimizes user satisfaction; interpret the results to help improve content acquisition and product amendment strategies
- Define key metrics and their relationships to measure business success; help our business partners understand metric trade-offs and drive influential decisions
- Build lasting solutions to Migo’s core experimentation platform; commit to ensuring industry-leading best practices for experimental design and statistical analysis
- Conduct in-depth analyses and develop products to support to drive user acquisition, habit adoption, and retention by analytics and experimentation; potential projects include:
-Investigate Migo's user behavior data to inform product roadmap decisions around Migo’s core user experience
-Quantify the impact of our in-app marketing and promotion initiatives to drive customer engagement and retention
-Analyze customer watching data to explore content preference landscape and identify taste communities in emerging markets
-Pinpoint new Migo Wi-Fi Zone locations offering the largest sales and greatest customer acquisition and total channel profitability
- 3+ years of industry experience in data analytics, R&D team, especially in dealing with customer growth, user experience improvement, and/or online platform services
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Applied Math, Econometrics, Quantitative Finance, or related field; advanced degree (MS/PhD) is preferred
- Ability to write clean and concise code, especially in Python or R
- Proficiency in SQL and relational database management system; experience in performing large-scale data analysis is preferred
- Expertise in experimentation methodology; practical experience in design and analysis of online experiments is preferred
- Strong knowledge in statistical modeling (regression, attribution modeling, causal econometrics) and modern machine learning techniques (neural networks, ensembled models)
- Good presentation and communication skills (both oral and written in English), with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Experience in building recommender system with basic understanding of embedding techniques, point-wise and pair-wise training, and/or online learning
- Proven records in working with customer-driven modeling techniques, including but not limited to: survival analysis, life-time value predictions, unsupervised modeling, etc.
- Advanced understandings of causal inference and experimental design methods to deal with the covariate imbalance and/or selection bias issues.
- Knowledge of working with massive amounts of data to build automated modeling pipeline.
Why join us?
Simple: We bring joy and transformation not only to Emerging Markets but to you, too.
Being an Imagineer means breaking boundaries by imagining, designing, building, and developing innovation to transform lives. Here in Migo, we aren’t just employees. We are Leaders, Caring, Relentless, Innovators, Always Improving, and we carry this in every action as we work together as one team towards one goal.
We change the world. Our passion for solving problems fuels us to continue challenging social norms and rebalancing accessibility for everyone. We dream big yet execute simply.
We don’t fear failure. Rather, we take those as an opportunity to improve. We move as one borderless team and build ideas together. Your inputs are valued because all of us are innovators: we believe that our endless curiosity while learning from each other builds the next best thing.
We unlock your full potential by being surrounded by a vast diversity of cultures and perspectives. You will be mentored by experts and fellow leaders through knowledge sharing and through fast and straightforward feedback. You will be empowered to grow as an individual and a professional to a whole new level – because as much as you got us, we got you too.
We are Imagineers and together let’s transform the world and you.
Follow us on:
FB (Product News):https://www.facebook.com/MigoIndo/
FB (Careers): https://www.facebook.com/MigoCareers/