Sr Product Manager
Taipei City, Taiwan /
Product – Product Management /
Migo levels the digital playing field for 3 billion under-innovated consumers – bringing the best bits of the internet to the corner store, across the emerging world.
After bringing reading into the digital era, Kindle tech inventor Barrett Comiskey built Migo’s disruptive unique ecosystem solution to provide affordable access to digital products and services. Backed by Temasek, YouTube’s Co-Founding CTO, blue chip VCs, and key industry insiders, Migo delivers data up to 100 times cheaper than existing networks, and that cost advantage is growing.
Migo launched in Indonesia in 2020. Migo’s initial product is sachet passes providing customers access to entertainment and education at convenient neighborhood clouds (aka Migo Download Stations/MDS). Migo today has more than 1,000 locations covering over 20 million Indonesians.
In September 2021, MNC Vision Networks (MVN), a subsidiary of leading media conglomerate MNC Group, invested $40 million for a minority stake in Migo Indonesia, accelerating Migo Indonesia’s rollout to reach 100 million Indonesians across Java by end of 2022.
Prior to the investment, Migo Indonesia became the core distributor of Vision+ (MVN’s OTT) content, by launching Vision+ on Migo to deliver a tailored experience to offline consumers.
In addition to its cornerstone partnership with Vision+, Migo Indonesia also carries entertainment content from a range of top local and international producers, and education content from the best Indonesian EdTech players, as well from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology.
Migo is seeking an experienced, driven Product Manager with a passion for solving hard problems in countries that are among the worst worldwide in internet performance. You will lead a cross-functional team to design, build, maintain, and eventually scale the Migo Android App for Migo’s offline media platform in emerging markets. Migo’s network of WiFi hotspots enables offline or data-poor customers to gain affordable access to rich media content. This team is directly responsible for building the end-to-end media app experience, continuously innovating to provide high-quality service to more and more of Migo’s customers.
- Own and execute the roadmap for Migo’s Media App. Define, manage and communicate the product vision and roadmap aligned with company objectives and stakeholder priorities and supported by industry trends, market research, customer data and competitive analysis.
- Lead and motivate a cross-functional team of designers and engineers through the product lifecycle, using iterative development methodologies. Work with Engineering teams within the Agile/Scrum methodology, facilitate quarterly planning, assist with the execution of sprints, and lead backlog refinement and prioritization.
- Document and prioritize product specifications including business goals, use cases and requirements. Distill business and product requirements into actionable items for development.
- Establish clear objectives, critical deliverables, schedules, budget and resource allocation plans, and communicate goals, progress and status to relevant stakeholders at various levels of the organization. Effectively balance schedule, budget, and product quality with clear business and technical rationale.
- Maintain a laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing tangible value to customers – learn and adjust frequently. Assess and manage risk through effective contingency planning.
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-functional teams including Marketing, UX, Engineering, Data, QA and Operations
- Measure product performance using both quantitative and qualitative methods. Gather customer feedback to validate that the product meets stated metrics.
- 7+ years’ hands-on technical product management experience in a fast-based company focused on delivering mobile application, android is a plus
- Technical background in Computer Science or related engineering disciplines
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects with multiple dependencies and constraints, adapting to technical constraints without comprising user needs and product quality
- Experience working with agile product development teams
- Excellent judgment and thoughtfulness about the dynamics of the product ecosystem, including open source solutions, 3rd party landscape, build/buy evaluations, influencing vendor roadmap, and capacity planning
- You make things happen. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Experience using metrics and data analysis to drive informed product decisions and track progress/impact
- Strong communication skills: an ability to explain the mechanisms, implications, and consequences of technology choices. Skills to connect engineering, business, and other stakeholders to common purposes
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong project management, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
Why join us?
Simple: We bring joy and transformation not only to Emerging Markets but to you, too.
Being an Imagineer means breaking boundaries by imagining, designing, building, and developing innovation to transform lives. Here in Migo, we aren’t just employees. We are Leaders, Caring, Relentless, Innovators, Always Improving, and we carry this in every action as we work together as one team towards one goal.
We change the world. Our passion for solving problems fuels us to continue challenging social norms and rebalancing accessibility for everyone. We dream big yet execute simply.
We don’t fear failure. Rather, we take those as an opportunity to improve. We move as one borderless team and build ideas together. Your inputs are valued because all of us are innovators: we believe that our endless curiosity while learning from each other builds the next best thing.
We unlock your full potential by being surrounded by a vast diversity of cultures and perspectives. You will be mentored by experts and fellow leaders through knowledge sharing and through fast and straightforward feedback. You will be empowered to grow as an individual and a professional to a whole new level – because as much as you got us, we got you too.
We are Imagineers and together let’s transform the world and you.
Follow us on:
FB (Product News):https://www.facebook.com/MigoIndo/
FB (Careers): https://www.facebook.com/MigoCareers/