General Ledger Accountant
Finance – - /
This candidate is expected to work with the Finance team to ensure that all general ledgers are managed in an effective and efficient manner, all accounting entries are accurately posted and are up to date and reconciliations are done timely. In addition, the candidate would work with the finance manager to develop business processes and any other tasks as assigned by the Finance Manager.
What we do
- Reinventing the way people access and use credit.Migo is an embedded lending platform that enables companies to extend credit to consumers and small businesses in their own apps. Migo builds proprietary ML algorithms to assess credit risk using the company’s data then automates credit facilities via cutting-edge cloud infrastructure, simplifying the complex world of lending with a simple API. Migo also expands economic access by enabling credit for populations ignored by traditional credit bureaus, in many cases providing life-changing opportunities to lower-income customers. Migo is headquartered in San Francisco and currently operates in Nigeria and Brazil
- Ensure that transactions are posted into the ERP on a daily basis.
- Ensure that transactional documentations are complete with all the requisite approvals before such transactions are processed.
- Perform daily call over of transactions to ensure that errors and/or irregularities are discovered promptly and escalated.
- Ensure that general ledger accounts are proofed monthly and over aged open items are identified and escalated.
- Ensure timely update and preparation of accrual, amortisation and depreciation schedules and relevant entries posted by month end.
- Engage in monthly reconciliation of payables and receivables sub ledgers.
- Maintain digital financial records.
- Fast-check and monitor invoices for timely payment of vendors.
- Track expenses against budget and analyse fluctuations.
- Aggregate schedules and third party documents in readiness for external audit exercises and other statutory inspections.
- Work with Finance Manager to develop business processes across the Company.
We are looking for someone with
- A degree in relevant field
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) etc.
- 2-5 years working experience in financial control of a Fintech or financial services firm.