Business Data Analyst (North and South America)
San Francisco /
Product – Analytics /
This a remote role, but requires location in a timezone within 4 hours of San Francisco (Pacific Timezone).
Data sits at the very core of Migo and drives our core company differentiation: automated risk management. Reporting to the Director of Analytics, the Business Data Analyst will administrate our internal BI system and work with data consumers across the company to ensure their needs are met.
WHAT WE NEED
We are looking for a candidate with a strong quant background, a customer service mindset, willing to jump in to help on all sorts of data needs, at all levels of the company. We need someone with strong quantitative analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Work with senior leadership to identify opportunities for learning and improvement, and then execute research projects therein
- Track and triage all analytics requests throughout the org - all levels, all geos
- Administrate the BI system
- Implement new BI architecture and workflows
- Work with the finance and marketing teams to ensure proper delivery of automated BI data
- Maintain thorough documentation around Migo’s data
- Train Migo’s “citizen analysts” on the BI system
- Master's Degree in a quantitative discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience with statistical and data warehousing products
- Strong quantitative analytics skills
- Knowledge of data capture, cleaning, and transformation techniques
- Ability to write tests on data processes
- Strong SQL skills
- Spreadsheet proficiency
- Ability to understand and articulate trade-offs of various approaches to data problems
- High level of written and oral communication in English
- High level of data visualization and storytelling skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, less structured startup environment
- Ability and inclination to learn new technologies quickly
- Sharp, meticulous, detailed, relentless, and thoughtful.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Clear and concise communicator who can articulate ideas to a wide range of stakeholders, both financial and non-financial.
- Seek to understand opposing points of view before offering your own.
- Make data-driven arguments to influence the thinking of others.
- Pragmatic so you frequently see multiple ways of solving problems and are acutely able to discuss the trade-offs therein.
- Empathetic, self-aware and respect all cultures.
- Have a good work / life balance with interests you are happy to share with others.
- Medical / Dental / Vision - full coverage of health premiums, with 50% covered for spouse and dependents
- 12 week paternity / maternity leave
- Work from home policy