Director of People
San Francisco /
People – Global Amigos /
What we do:
Reinventing the way people access and use credit.
Migo is an embedded lending platform that enables companies to extend credit to consumers and small businesses in their own apps. Migo builds proprietary ML algorithms to assess credit risk using the company’s data then automates credit facilities via cutting-edge cloud infrastructure, simplifying the complex world of lending with a simple API. Migo also expands economic access by enabling credit for populations ignored by traditional credit bureaus, in many cases providing life-changing opportunities to lower-income customers. Migo is headquartered in San Francisco and currently operates in Nigeria and Brazil.
As the Director of People reporting directly to the CEO, you'll be responsible for driving Migo's people operations across our global all-remote talent pool. You will be a critical component of the company's success, influencing both tactical and strategic decisions as we build out the most important part of our business: people. You will manage a small team of managers and representatives across multiple geographies to ensure that all our Amigos around the world are happy, productive, and safe. You will lead all HR strategy and policies, including leadership, culture, compliance, compensation, and development. Our ideal Director of People has significant experience scaling technical talent across different geographies, has an extreme attention to detail, is deeply empathetic, and is equally excited about defining policies as they are about employee satisfaction.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Build and lead a world-class people function, including recruiting, on-boarding, and talent development
- Partner with managers to evaluate current team structure and skills, org design, talent gaps and hiring plan to achieve business goals
- Vet, implement and manage recruiting and HR platforms at the company
- Manage a small team of people representatives across our geographies
- Drive implementation and adoption of key people analytics to help drive thoughtful, data-driven people decisions
- Implement best practices in remote work
- Enforce our core values of humility, trust, and inclusivity through activities and programs across the organization
- Prioritize diversity through recruiting, training, policies, and conversation
- Oversee the management and administration of employee policies and benefits
- Oversee compensation and leveling structure with the CEO and CFO
- Guide data-driven, localized compensation programs to ensure the company attracts and retains top talent
- Lead performance review and feedback process to drive a culture of feedback and learning
- Oversee training initiatives and development opportunities for employees
We're looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of experience in HR leadership roles in modern software companies
- Proven track record of scaling technical talent, including recruiting, on-boarding, and development
- Proven track record of working effectively in a global matrix environment
- Superb communication and coaching skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
You may be a fit if:
- You have excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- You’re able to influence across many functions, levels, locales, and cultures to get things done.
- You have an extreme attention to detail, doing whatever it takes to make your team successful whether that means writing a policy or dealing with a troubled employee.
- Have traveled to or worked in emerging markets.
- You’ve ever started or run a business before, or have worked in a high growth startup.
What it's like to work at Migo:
Migo's mission is to serve as a platform for economic access by reinventing the way people access and use credit. We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun. While our roots are in Silicon Valley, we have a diverse set of Amigos across the United States, Nigeria, Brazil, and Poland, and make a structural effort to accommodate different time zones, cultures, and backgrounds. We have a culture of transparency that we carry through to all forms of communication, ensuring that Amigos all around the world have the information they need to make good decisions.
We also view Migo as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing. We have open and frequent feedback on how we can each improve, and work hard to provide an open environment for everyone to bring their authentic selves to Migo. We are growing quickly and every person has an outsized impact on the future of the company.
Outside of work, we offer a remote work policy for more work-life flexibility. We offer both moms and dads 12 weeks of parental leave to support child-parent bonds at the most critical times. We provide full health care coverage for medical, dental, and vision to ensure we are as healthy as possible, and offer mental health support to help us navigate the stresses of life.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users and employees transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically empowered world. We welcome all who share this vision.