Accounts Receivables Specialist
Pico Rivera, California /
Welcome to Million Dollar Baby Co.!
We have built the 6 best children’s furniture brands in the world-- from the most non-toxic, eco-conscious cribs on the market to the most iconic and award-winning designs in the industry. Based just east of downtown Los Angeles, we are a family business built on the talents of 100 smart, entrepreneurially-wired, and self-motivated people with diverse backgrounds and interests.
Over the years, we have developed 6 awesome brands of children’s furniture. It's our top priority to cultivate a place where you will learn, grow, and be valued. It’s important to me that all of our team members enjoy coming to work every day and make an impact not only to our company and our customers, but to our community as well.
Thanks for taking the time to apply and we hope to meet you soon,
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be responsible for collecting payments for MDB Co. For this role you will use skills in project management, organization and communications to collect payments from clients and customers. An Accounts Receivable Specialists also posts customer payments by recording settled transactions. These include daily payouts from direct to consumer websites, payments received via Wire/ACH, and check deposits. Applies open payments to corresponding invoices to maintain and track accounts. This position will also give you some exposure to run reports that document profits and losses for an organization.
What you'll be doing:
- Verify PayPal deposit amount to download and post transactions paid out
- Run AR aging to apply any prepayments to posted invoices
- Verify ACH/Wire payment receipts and post transactions
- Collect checks from the mail and post check deposits. (Via bank remote capture)
- Verify deposit amount from eCommerce Platform to download and post transactions paid out
- Sort through mail and scan invoices related to Accounts Payable
What you bring to the table:
- 1-2 year of related experience or higher education such as bachelor's degree in accounting, billing, or related major
- Experience at record-keeping and confidently working with numbers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure and interact with clients / accounts
- Expert project management and meeting deadlines
- Great organizational skills, accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with financial management software
- 100% of your health, dental and vision insurance monthly premiums paid by us!
- Flexible PTO because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- Company matching 401(k)
- Vacation reimbursement and health & wellness subsidy programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Matching charitable donations to the nonprofit organization of your choice
- Company-wide monthly celebrations - lunch is on us!
- Dog-friendly workplace, yes! You can bring your best friend to work
- Free MDB Co. swag + generous employee discount on products