General & Administrative – Finance /
Reimagining the way global consumers access credit and financial services in a borderless world, we are the first digital home lending solution for global consumers and investors who want to buy or cash out on their US real estate. We lend directly to our consumers through a world-class digital, multi-language platform. Milo is on the mission to build a digital bank providing financial solutions for global and crypto consumers. Founded in 2018, we are a venture-backed fintech startup headquartered in beautiful Miami.
We’re ready to Unlock What’s Possible! Are you?
About the Role:
The Milo team is looking to hire a hands-on Chief Financial Officer with a solid track record in Finance, Accounting & Capital Markets. Reporting into our CEO, the CFO will oversee all traditional finance functions including FP&A, tax, planning, budgeting, financial reporting & forecasting while also providing leadership and vision for capital markets & compliance by developing strategies for asset capital raising, capital deployment, and securitization. The CFO will develop Milo’s financial and operational strategy, identify and track relevant KPIs, and continuously develop and monitor control systems to preserve the company assets and report accurate financial results. The CFO will help Milo build financial strategies that support our ambitious goals. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact during a period of hyper growth within Milo and the opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic, venture capital backed fintech company at the intersection of crypto and real estate!
- Provide hands-on, metrics-driven financial leadership to Milo and the finance team, accelerating growth and profitability
- Act as a trusted advisor to the Executive Team, including the CEO, VP of Engineering, VP of Marketing, & HR
- Provide the executive team with insights to better manage the business, evaluate investments, and improve decision-making
- Managing existing capital market relationships and establishing new ones
- Oversee the traditional finance & accounting functions, including preparing board materials, annual financial planning, FP&A, audits, payroll and accounting, tax, etc.
- Formulate Milo’s future direction by providing input on the company’s business plan, financial and tax strategies, budgeting, and forecasting
- Develop performance measures that support Milo’s strategic direction
- Manage any third parties where accounting or finance resources have been outsourced
- Play a strategic part in new and ongoing capital discussions with external parties
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts; arrange for debt and equity financing
- Ensure that Milo complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Operations and other cross functional teams in support of budgeting, new procedures and initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related analytical field. MBA/Masters a plus
- 10+ years of experience as a CFO or Finance leader in the mortgage industry, fintech, or equivalent experience
- Background in venture-backed startups, private equity, or other high-growth and entrepreneurial environments
- Advanced Excel proficiency with practical experience building and maintaining financial models & knowledge of other reporting software (Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience in raising Series B to pre-IPO rounds
- Mission-driven and self-motivated, with ability to take the initiative with little direction
- Strong crypto experience, capacity to understand the markets, & enthusiast for the space
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders, external partners and internal staff
- An entrepreneurial mindset with excellent organizational skills, the ability to be flexible, & prioritize responsibilities
- Curiosity, willingness to learn, positive attitude, and self-thought mentality is a must
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in Fintech, the mortgage industry, Real Estate, Real Estate Tech, or a startup environment
- Passion and understanding of cryptocurrencies
- Understanding of foreign national consumers
- Multilingual (English, Spanish, & Portuguese)
We're self-starters who are passionate and enthusiastic about what we do. Our culture is high output and low drama—doing great work, constantly improving and celebrating our success. If you've got vision, drive, and a roll-up your sleeves attitude, you'll fit right in. The Milo team is creating new technology solutions that are both elegant and scalable, and if that fires you up, join us!
Our Core Values:
Always do what is right and fair - for our clients, our partners, and our company.
Simple, Fast, & Obvious
Create simple solutions. Move Fast. Build trust through the process.
Our team is always learning! We’re not afraid to ask questions, make mistakes, and find new ways.
We work hard through our challenges, commit to a plan, and never give up in the process!
Our Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation to the market and tech ecosystem
- Stock options, giving you ownership in a fast-growing company
- Generous vacation policy with 4 weeks PTO per year, encouraging our employees to disconnect, relax, & reenergize.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance with up to $1,000 of premiums covered per month
- Option to save for your future and enroll into our 401K program
- Your choice of equipment for you to get your job done!
- Fully stocked kitchen & fridge -- with all the coffee, seltzers, & snacks you’ll need to fuel yourself through the day
- Monthly social hours including virtual game nights, ping pong tournaments, happy hours, etc.
- Quarterly out of office team-building events
- New office in vibrant Wynwood with a fun, energetic, & hardworking team committed to creating a product making a difference!