Director of Loan Origination
General & Administrative – Loan Operations /
About Milo Credit:
Reimagining the way global consumers access credit and financial services in a borderless world. We are the first digital home lending solution for global consumers and investors who want to buy or cash out of their US real estate. We lend directly to our consumers through a world class digital multi-language platform. We are a venture backed fintech startup.
The Milo Credit team is looking for a Director of Loan Originations to manage our loan production process which consists of our Loan Consulting teams. These team members play a crucial role in the origination process, from educating potential clients about our products, guiding them through the application process, to delivering up-to-date information on loan applications. As the Director of Loan Originations, you’ll be a key factor in Milo’s growth and success by enabling the team to continuously deliver a high quality process to our niche market of consumers while increasing Milo’s loan volume.
- Manage our Loan Origination team, consisting of loan consultants, business development, and client services
- Collaborate with our Loan Operations team (processors, underwriters, & closers) to ensure the loans make it through the loan operations cycle successfully
- Develop and execute quarterly and yearly business plans with the Leadership team
- Strategize to accomplish origination objectives and desired metrics
- Recognize gaps in our process and implement changes for increased efficiency
- Monitor the loan pipeline, pushing loans forward towards completion
- Assist with headcount and talent mapping to build a world class team to service increased loan volume without compromising efficiency and timeliness of process
- Proven ability to review & discuss loan scenarios and pricing with loan consultants and investors
- Work cross functionally with Business Development, Product, Marketing, & Engineering to facilitate a smooth workflow and to address issues/concerns related to product and overall business operations
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Encompass or another LOS
- Experience with Salesforce; Extra bonus points for experience with Jungo!
- Understanding of foreign national consumers
- Established professional network in the Residential Real Estate industry
- Active Florida real estate license
- Working knowledge, understanding and following of bank credit policies and guidelines; OFAC, BSA, TRID and all compliance regulations required in residential loan origination.
- Bilingual language skills (English and Spanish)
- Experience in Real Estate, Real Estate Tech, Fintech, or a startup
- 7+ years of related experience in Banking, specifically Residential Lending, Originating, Processing, and Underwriting; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years of experience in a management role within loan origination
- Entrepreneurial focus with a determination to succeed in an innovative, fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and hardworking, with a track record of success and drive for achievement
- Comfortable with new technology systems and paperless environment, demonstrated an ability to work in a team-oriented environment; demonstrated ability to provide good customer service
- Passionate about changing the mortgage industry
- Excited to join a startup, have a big impact and put in the hustle required to get things done!