Senior Product Manager
Bay Area /
MindsDB enables developers to build Machine Learning (ML) powered applications fast. By merging the capabilities of databases with popular ML frameworks, MindsDB radically simplifies the process of applying machine learning to applications.
Founded in 2017 by Adam Carrigan (COO) and Jorge Torres (CEO) MindsDB is backed with over $24M in funding from world-class investors, including YCombinator and was recently recognized as one of America's most promising AI companies by Forbes. Visit our website or explore our github
Highlights of our journey so far:
MindsDB is the fastest-growing open-source machine learning project in the world, with over 12k Github stars. We are a Graduate of the YCombinator W20 Batch and are backed by leading VC funds, including OpenOcean (the venture fund launched by the creators of MySQL and MariaDB), MMC, SpeedInvest, Walden Catalyst Ventures, and the University of California Berkeley.
We were recognised as one of America’s most promising AI companies by Forbes Magazine, one of the most innovative AI and ML companies by TechRepublic, and recently nominated as a “Cool Vendors in Data for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning” by Gartner.
Would you like to play a meaningful role in the democratisation of Machine Learning as part of a scaling, venture-backed start-up? We are seeking a Senior Product Manager who possesses business acumen, favours outcomes over outputs, and can clearly communicate plans and a shared vision to others. The Senior Product Manager will work closely with the MindsDB founders and the wider management team, defining and owning the strategic product roadmap. Ideally, you have a proven track record of initiating and leading product-market fit for a developer focused product, ideally in the data transformation and/or AI B2B product vertical. You will play an integral role, working with sales and marketing, to help drive go-to-market strategies that champion buyer enablement.
A spirit of collaboration must be central to your working philosophy and you will possess demonstrable experience leveraging cross-discipline perspectives to distil complexity, in a frenetic paced, high-growth, start-up environment. At MindsDB you will have the opportunity to work with experts in product design, engineering, marketing, AI Research, our partners and more, in a truly exciting product category.
Our Senior Product Manager must be based in the Bay Area.
MindsDB is committed to flexible working. Our goal is for our people to feel free to work where, when and how they choose to enable colleagues to balance their personal interests with their work commitments and deliverables, to support a happier and healthier way of life. Performance will be judged on output and colleagues will be trusted to manage their working time effectively to meet work deadlines and goals whilst ensuring their wellbeing is prioritised. If that suits you we would encourage you to apply!
- We’re agile and highly accountable for the impact we aim to make in our product category – formulating and driving OKRs within the product team annually and quarterly is one way we measure accountability
- To contribute and own success metrics, which are defined at the inception of a product feature and tracked throughout its lifecycle.
- Ensure success metrics are visible to all stakeholders, communicating their importance and synthesising actionable insight alongside shaping hypotheses to fuel our engine of growth.
- To be an expert in the domain, the market, and track the most relevant industry and customer trends.
- To identify product positioning opportunities by harnessing the power of our communities and partners.
- To advocate for product market research principles combined with an MVP mentality when solving hard problems with many constraints.
- To apply an analytical lens to market forces, using sound judgement to assess risks for projects and initiatives, and to lay out your rationale in well-structured, data-informed, communication.
- To engage with engineers, designers, marketing, sales and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- 3+ years experience of managing and recruiting product teams.
- 8+ years total experience
- Solid experience defining the product strategy of a technical product for a high growth product vertical or start-up.
- Proven track record of initiating and leading product-market fit initiatives.
- Experience in B2B
- Experience working in a data transformation and/or AI product vertical.
- Experience scaling product at a high growth startup
- Experience with a product built for developers.
Nice to Have
- Experience as a developer/engineering manager
- Experience working with Databases and SQL
- Experience with Productboard, Business Intelligence Tools, Github/Github Issues.
Benefits & Perks:
- Remote team
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive Compensation
- Unlimited PTO
- New Hire Remote Setup budget
- Learning & Development budget
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance (US only)
- Monthly Wellbeing Budget
- Monthly (virtual) team events
- International in-person company retreats
- Wellbeing/Mental Health leave
Diversity, Equality & Inclusion
MindsDB is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. MindsDB will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.