SDE 2- Performance Engineer
Pune, Maharashtra /
Engineering – Engineering /
MindTickle is world's leading SAAS platform for sales readiness founded in 2011 by graduates of IITs, ISB & Stanford. Today, our rapidly growing team consists of 350+ people working from Pune & California.
We are proud to be one of the very few category-defining Indian companies that has made a global mark. In addition, we are funded by top Silicon Valley investors, like – Canaan partners, NEA, Accel partners and Jyoti Bansal (founder, AppDynamics).
MindTickle is looking for Performance Engineer to join our Site Reliability Engineering team. As a
Performance Engineer, you will focus on the systems and tools that enable our product development teams to operate and scale the platform. You will be responsible for availability, scalability and stability of the platform while working closely with a talented pool of application developers to enable continuous delivery of product features.
Who We Are Looking For?
You are self-motivated, curious and enjoy learning new technologies and experimenting with them. You are a
creative and imaginative developer who believes in clean and efficient coding. You understand what impacts
system performance and believe that metrics are the only source of truth. You always think automation and
understand the need of documentation. You have a strong sense of ownership and thrive in a fun, fast paced
and dynamic environment.
If the above describes you, then we promise that at MindTickle you'll never be at a loss for interesting
problems to solve.
- Design and conduct experiments to evaluate system changes with respect to performance.
- Build and use tools and instrumentation to help monitor and analyse performance.
- Deep dive into performance anomalies with the intent of discovering their root cause for both single and multi-node (i.e., distributed) systems.
- Design systems and components with performance in mind, considering both algorithmic and system-level criteria.
- Coordinate with product engineers from all development teams.
- Find and resolve performance issues and performance regressions in the product.
- Tune existing designs for benchmark results and collect measurement information for future systems development.
- Resolve potentially complex performance issues in the customer environment, if escalated from the support organisation.
- Should have 3-6 years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in performance debugging of single-node system.
- Skilled in benchmark creation, measurement and modeling of system behavior under load.
- Ability to identify system bottlenecks and provide a root cause analysis.
- Comfortable in a Linux environment .
- Experience with AWS, Azure, GCE or similar IaaS providers.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with JVM and Thread Dump analysis and Memory analysis
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, bash.
- Working experience with Unix utilities and configuration.
- Working experience of source code management systems like svn or git.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with configuration management software such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Understanding of performance metrics from stress/load tests.
- Experience with load testing tools (Jmeter, Locust, Gatling, Tsung).
- Experience with time series tools (Prometheus, InfluxBD, Graphite).
- Experience with MySQL/NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Network layer analysis.
As an organization, it’s our priority to create a highly engaging and rewarding workplace. We offer tons of awesome perks, such as:
Annual workation - when the whole team travels to a hill station and works remotely.
All meals catered at office; fully stocked pantry; sleeping rooms.
Sponsorship for relevant conferences & professional events.
But what we enjoy the most about working here is probably the work itself and our colleagues. Check out our glassdoor page (4.9/5) to see why our employees love us.