Product Manager - LATAM
Montreal, QC /
Product – PM /
Product Manager - LATAM
Hey there! We’re Mino, an exciting studio founded in Silicon Valley and located in Montreal, specializing in free-to-play mobile games, and the team behind the sensation Cat Game: the Cats Collector! and upcoming Dog Game. Moving from developer to self publisher we have big plans coming up, and we need your help to create games millions of users will love.
Our studio is based digitally and we've been growing all over the world! We are currently building two new departments in Latin America. This opportunity would be for a 100% remote full-time position, where you could work permanently from the comfort of your home! If you live somewhere in LATAM and are interested in this opportunity, come and apply!
What You'll Do:
Mino operates a data driven development process, all design decisions should be backed with data to evaluate their value, and contribution to our games success. We hold strong values around the fact that success and growth in our teams will bring success and growth to our company.
As a product manager, you will be responsible for managing the life-cycle of our in-game mechanics and features. To do so, you will project revenue impact through data and statistical methods, conduct A/B tests to isolate the impact of individual features, and evaluate the results of these tests. More specifically, you will:
- Act as the owner and internal expert of the game features under your responsibility.
- Iterate on and maintain existing specs before and during production to ensure accurate requirements are always available as the single source of truth.
- Estimate the revenue impact of new features or optimizations.
- Design and maintain a high quality backlog of “ready to implement” features for Roadmapping and Sprint planning with easily understandable specifications documents.
- Work with art, engineering, and production to ensure planned feature specs are 100% approved, cost-evaluated, and ready for implementation at the start of each sprint.
- Work with Analytics to plan comprehensive testing strategies for features that will be tested in-game.
- Attend daily stand-ups and weekly meetings with the development team, other Product Managers, and Analysts.
- Act as day-to-day primary point of contact for any product related questions from the game team.
- Review daily KPIs and proactively identify opportunities, trends, and threats to the product.
- Evaluate notable competitors and share key insights / learnings to test.
- Document our processes and best practices.
- Constantly seek improvement opportunities in our day-to-day workflows.
- Create presentations of notable successful cross-genre mechanics for sharing with other PMs and the executive leadership team.
- Evaluate test results of implemented features and make recommendations for future iterations.
What You Are:
- Very quick learner and bright analytical person
- Adaptable, autonomous, flexible, organized and meticulous
- Business and Finance Savvy
- Creative problem solver
- Good at communicating complex ideas
- Undaunted by difficult challenges and complex questions
What You Have:
- Bachelor's degree with significant coursework in computer science or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant experience working in FP&A, or Product Management roles in B2C companies (preferable for tech startups, even better if for mobile or gaming companies)
- Experience in gaming, social, online casino, or consumer mobile live service products (an asset)
- Passionate about the product and has a strong desire to move the genre forward
- Motivated to win market share while building a high quality product
- Great business sense and strong knowledge about business models and structure
- Good understanding of the mobile gaming business and mobile user acquisition
- Excellent Excel skills, reasonable SQL and R/Python skill
- Strong understanding of statistical significance in datasets
- Understanding of forecasting and statistical modeling
- Agile/Scrum software development experience (an asset)
- Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
- Ability to develop positive relationships and communicate effectively with Developers, QA, Analysts and Producers
- Excellent Organizational skillsStrong starter who can quickly get up to speed on new markets and products
- Strong affinity for understanding target audience needs and spender priorities
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English (French an asset)
What We Have to Offer
We have specific perks for Product Managers:
Innovation: implement the newest technologies and best trends of the industry to improve our games.
Talent: work alongside extremely talented analysts, engineers, artists and learn from them.
Training: we want to invest in and support you in becoming the best. We can offer training classes and workshops to develop and deepen your skills.
Independent Creativity: Mino Games is independent, which means we work for ourselves and own all of our Intellectual Property. We can be as creative as we want without being limited by client demands!
Mino Games hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you’re curious and would like to know more, apply!