Senior Software Security Engineer - San Francisco
San Francisco, CA /
Customers all over the world trust Minted with their memories, and maintaining the security of our users' information is a top priority.
The senior software security engineer at Minted will leverage their technical, organizational and communication skills to continuously improve Minted's security posture and maturity level. This is a role where you will get to have a broad scope and a broad and meaningful positive impact on Minted's customers and artist community.
You will collaborate with the technology teams to implement and monitor the status of our software security program and work cross-functionally to continuously improve Minted's software security maturity level.
- Collaborate with development teams to upgrade software libraries, updating application code as necessary without causing regressions.
- Partner with software engineers to identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities, including doing code reviews and audits, design reviews.
- Advocate security and secure coding practices.
- Evaluate and oversee efforts to improve automated security testing in CI/CD pipeline.
- Assist in the development of secure coding guidelines and practices.
- Do other work that will improve the software security posture of Minted.
- Organized and highly detail oriented.
- Familiar with software security design patterns
- Fluent with information security issues specific to web development, like the OWASP Top 10.
- Experienced with network security, especially in a cloud environment like AWS or GCP and/or with containerized runtimes like Kubernetes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 4+ years of experience working on information or software security, either as one of multiple responsibilities, or as your main responsibility.
- Experience upgrading foundational libraries and frameworks.
Bonus Points if:
- Experience upgrading core frameworks across major/breaking version changes.
- Experience coordinating multiple teams upgrading core frameworks like React, jQuery.
Minted is a design marketplace, sourcing creative content from independent artists around the globe and selling the best designs to the world in the form of art, home decor, and stationery. Founded in 2007 by Mariam Naficy on the principles of transparency and putting design first, we are early pioneers of crowdsourcing having launched our first design challenge in April 2008 and have held monthly art and design challenges ever since. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to learn more. Our corporate headquarters is located near the waterfront in downtown San Francisco, with additional offices in Oakland and Kansas City and we're backed by Benchmark Capital, IDG Ventures SF, Menlo Ventures, Primera (angel investors include Marissa Mayer of Yahoo and Jeremy Stoppelman of Yelp). We're a team of smart, ambitious, creative, and passionate people who come from all walks of life. Might you be one of us?